shape
carat
color
clarity

18K white gold chipping???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hynscp

Rough_Rock
Hi all, new to the forum and hopefully you can help me out. I bought my GF a 18K white gold ring about a year and a half ago. On the sides of the ring it looks like it is chipping. It has two small round spots. Is white gold supposed to chip? It looks dull underneath like a differnt type of metal. The ring is stamped 18k inside. Thanks in advance for any help.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
perhaps the quality of the rhodium plating (if there was rhodium on it) is poor?

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 9:30:24 PM
Author:hynscp
Hi all, new to the forum and hopefully you can help me out. I bought my GF a 18K white gold ring about a year and a half ago. On the sides of the ring it looks like it is chipping. It has two small round spots. Is white gold supposed to chip? It looks dull underneath like a differnt type of metal. The ring is stamped 18k inside. Thanks in advance for any help.
Sounds like the ring need to be rhodium plated again...a very common maintaince...about once a year or two.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results