shape
carat
color
clarity

15th Anniversary Upgrade

echomomm

Rough_Rock
My DH upgraded my original .26 diamond with ruby accent engagement ring to a larger RB in a YG cathedral setting for our 15th anniversary. Sadly, the jeweler he bought it from misled him as to the quality of the stone, and we were lucky that we were allowed to return it. That's when we started researching on PS to find out what we ought to be looking for. So thanks to everyone here for all the information. It is truly invaluable, even for those who never register and who never post (like me for so long).

Anyway, we bought through Blue Nile, which I might not do again after hearing all the great thing about PS vendors. But they had the diamonds we were looking at on-hand (not held by someone else and shipped from a different location) and were more than helpful with all of our questions. Overall it was a very good experience, and I didn't feel it was a huge risk given their return policy.

This is my new ring: a 1.71 ct. RB, GIA ex/ex/ex and a 1.3 on the HCA. It is an I colour and an eye-clean SI1 with strong blue fluorescence. Perhaps I am just not colour sensitive or the YG setting affects how the diamond colour is perceived, but the stone seems very white to me, even in profile. It glows in black light, but I see no noticeable effect of the SBF in normal lighting or outdoor lighting. It is set in an 18K YG cathedral setting with no additional stones in the setting. In the future, we intend to put two semi-eternity bands with it - one on either side with tiny spacers in between - but I cannot decide what size stone I should have in the bands. Finger is a size 7 (I envy those with smaller fingers!0.

dscn2266.jpg

_2360.jpg

_2351.jpg

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
It's GORGEOUS!!!!! I love the huge stone in the simple setting! So elegant :appl:

D

Deactivated member 42515

Beautiful! Congrats on the new upgrade! Can't wait to see the bands!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
It looks smashing! I love a yellow gold solitaire.

(A thin, delicate step cut ruby channel band would be my pick for an eternity. Love rubies and diamonds in yellow gold! Of course sapphires would be delicious too...)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
YYUMMY!! AND it comes with fluoro too??? WOW --- you are one lucky lady!! Its a beauty, that 1.7 solitaire :appl: :appl: :appl:

Gorgeous and well worth the search - very VERY nice!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
That is a lovely ring. Happy anniversary! :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is lovely and your diamond is gorgeous. Happy Anniversary.

shanhoops

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! Always glad to meet another fluor lover :naughty:
I love that last photo in with the Christmas ornaments - great shot!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fabulous upgrade!! Gorgeous stone, it looks just beautiful on you - congrats!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's absolutely lovely, congrats and enjoy it!

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
excellent upgrade and congratulations on your anniversary! :appl:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful upgrade! Happy anniversary as well :))

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Now that is an upgrade worth waiting for! :love:

Congrats on your anniversary!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful, congratulations on your 15th Anniversary :wavey:

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous....Congratulations!!!

Lori

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! Congratulations on your anniversary, wear it in good health!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovely - congrats!

Luxie

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! Congrats!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! :appl: :appl: I am loving that yellow gold. I also bought on blue nile, and am very happy with the quality of what I received based on what I paid. Customer service was excellent, and with sufficient research on your own, you can come up with a great deal on an awesome stone! Looks like you definitely did!

With regard to figuring out what size eternity bands to wear, what worked for me was to buy various ones in different sizes (and cuts) in CZ, (ebay, amazon) and wear them for a while. See what you really like before throwing down several thousand dollars. That worked for me. I discovered I didn't like what I thought I would. :)

echomomm

Rough_Rock
LLJsmom, that is an excellent idea. It never occurred to me to actually "test-drive" something in that way, but it really makes sense. Thanks for the tip!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations and happy anniversary!!! I love the yellow gold- it looks gorgeous! :love:

lominoblue

Rough_Rock
Nice upgrade! Gorgeous! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results