shape
carat
color
clarity

15th Anniversary upgrade HPD CBI in Eternity by Yoni halo

Txborn79

Shiny_Rock
Hi all! Thought I’d share a little of my story and post some pictures of my upgrade.

For our first 15 years of marriage, I wore a department store wedding set so probably the furthest from idea as you can get lol. When I started looking for something new in December, I couldn’t find anything I loved (probably because we were looking at Jared’s and Kay’s :roll2:) so I turned to the internet. I was skeptical about buying online but found something I liked at Shane Co and ordered. Thankfully I found this forum and was still within the return period so back that one went.

I started with ordering a GIA XXX with idea proportions but it just didn’t wow me so after reading all the praise about WF, I took the plunge and ordered an ACA from them. They were great to deal with and the diamond was beautiful. I thought about sending it back and saving a little more for a bigger stone and decided to order from HPD so that I could compare the two in person before settling. When the HPD arrived, I was surprised that it looked any different than the ACA but it did. There was just something about the way it was cut and the contrasting it creates that made it different and amazing! It sparkled like crazy! By now, my 13 year old daughter had been hearing me talk about rings and diamonds for almost three months and was tired of hearing about it but I had to ask her opinion anyways lol. I asked her if she could tell the difference while I held them next to each other and she said no (I’m thinking what?!?!) and then she says wait that one sparkles more, pointing to the HPD. Confirmed my thoughts so the ACA went back and the HPD was traded for a 1.87 J :geek2: Everyone at HPD was awesome to work with and @LaylaR was amazing throughout the entire process!

On to the setting. I knew I wanted a halo and looked forever before I found one I really liked the look of with a few tweaks. I sent an inquiry online to Eternity by Yoni on a Sunday morning and that evening I got a call from Yoni answering all my questions. I decided to order and by the end of that week I had the CAD and finalized it the following week after a few changes. It took about 4 weeks total and I was so nervous since I couldn’t find many reviews here or anywhere else and he doesn’t really have a social media presence. The ring arrived and I was amazed at how dainty it was, it was beautiful! Pretty much no metal to be seen in the halo which is exactly what I wanted. The matching band is also from Yoni and the other one is from an Etsy vendor. Ok enough talk and on to the pictures :kiss2:

1.87 J SI1

BC9600DF-A120-4594-A163-65C378DB28ED.jpeg
27AD4444-1843-4972-B1D1-2933DEAC33FD.jpeg 3A4BCA53-B208-4CC0-A553-D8D2A3851634.jpeg E362D9E6-0BFC-4C7D-A5E7-064B8512C383.jpeg 3AA79224-EC7C-4CC2-89B5-6A71C881C483.jpeg
2BA7A960-602C-462E-A38A-0924C04FEBAF.jpeg

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Anniversary!!!
It’s amazing!!!
:kiss2:

Blingloverbyday

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!! Your new set is gorgeous!! :love: :love: Hope you enjoy it for many years to come!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my! Congrats! It’s beautiful!

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
Oh my WOW:D. It's FABULOUS. Congratulations and wishing you many more blesses years!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's really gorgeous! Enjoy it and happy anniversary!!!:love:

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats what a great story

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I feel like I should give you a standing ovation! That is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy :)

CheeSauce

Shiny_Rock
This set is amazingly beautiful! And so much bling too!! Congrats on the anniversary and so the upgrade!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!, Happy anniversary!!!. :clap:Beautiful ring! :love:

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The ring is absolutely gorgeous. :love: I love your entire set and your photography skills are great, too. You really showcased your pieces well. It's funny, I'm more of a solitaire girl than a halo girl, but that ring is so well executed it makes me want one just like it! Happy Anniversary, congratulations and enjoy!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring - congrats and Happy Anniversary! May you wear your ring in health and happiness for many years to come!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your diamond and ring are stunning! :love:

And how lucky are you to have been able to see & compare both options in person to decide! :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Happy Anniversary!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your anniversary - and what a lovely ring! Great diamond and a terrific setting! Nice job. :wavey:

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous diamond and ring!!!! @Txborn79 - how are you liking the SI1 clarity?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How beautiful! Congratulations!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
THUD!!!

whoa.gif

@Txborn79 Bright beautiful and blingalicious:love:
Happy Anniversary.:appl:

Txborn79

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! :kiss2:

@RayRay the clarity doesn’t bother me at all! I can’t see the inclusions even with a loope. I tried but probably just don’t know what to look for lol. The first HPD I viewed that was smaller was an SI2 and I could barely see the inclusion on that one with a loope, I believe it was a crystal so a little easier for me to spot than a cloud.

Gorgeous diamond and ring!!!! @Txborn79 - how are you liking the SI1 clarity?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! It looks amazing :)

The benefits of CBI cutting their rough themselves is that they can tailor a cut to hide inclusions, which is why their SI stones seem to all be so eye-clean (as I understand it)!

Interesting comparison between the ACA and the CBI, too - the question of 'is a difference visible??' often comes up on the forum, so it's good to have more experience to add to the debate :)

I hope you enjoy it for the next 15 years! :D

(Or, you know, until the next upgrade... ;-) :lol: )

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
As you already know, I had the pleasure of seeing that very stone in person, and can confirm that it's utterly beyond glorious and you can't see the inclusions at all. It was so sparkly and beautiful! It came all the way to England for me, so it's travelled a little, too, but it's clearly found its rightful home and I'm so delighted for you. :kiss2:

That setting and band combination is absolutely exceptional, wow! Fabulous and stunning! Love it! Also, please tell me how in the world you managed to take such wonderful pictures of it??? What camera have you used? Gosh!

Congratulations, really delighted for you and really enjoyed reading your story. :geek2:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats gorgeous stone and ring

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! What a stunning set!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy anniversary!! Lovely set!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy anniversary. Very pretty diamond and ring.

Txborn79

Shiny_Rock
Haha, you should see my camera roll on my phone, sooo many ring pictures to get a few good ones. And a lot of “Mom, why are you taking more pictures of your ring? You have more pictures of your ring than us on your phone” from my girls lol. I just used my IPhone 8plus so it has the dual camera and usually zoom in 2x and walk around the backyard trying to find good light =)2 I’ve taken a few with my hand in the refrigerator too cause it has some nice LED lights lol.

Also, please tell me how in the world you managed to take such wonderful pictures of it??? What camera have you used? Gosh!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP
What are the proportions of your stone?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results