shape
carat
color
clarity

$15,000 credit for diamonds- what to get?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JulieA

Shiny_Rock
Ok- I need some help with ideas. This is scenerio...

$15,000 credit at jewelry store that can be used for diamonds only. what to get?

these are diamond things I have and do not need any upgrades...

e-ring
eternity band
round studs
solitaire pendant
bracelet

Ahhhh, what else is left??? Ideas and/or pictures of favorites are welcome! Thanks.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock

Why don''t you get a non-solitaire pendant... like the "journey" or "circle of life" (doesn''t have to be either one of those, but just used those as examples.

Or a "Diamonds by the Yard" necklace...

30.gif

Or some lovely diamond drop earrings...

18.gif

What kind of jewelry do you wear the most (rings, necklaces, earrings?)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH FUN!!!!!

I 2nd the notion of a Diamonds By The Yard necklace ... it will look lovely alone or with other necklaces & it''s a classic. You could get pretty sizable stones, fairly close together ... OR ... spend part of the budget on that and get

A halo cushion sapphire RHR??

---OR---

A canary diamond halo or three stone RHR

---OR----

Pear drops for your current studs

---OR----

a stack of delicate micropave bands in pink & white & yellow --or pink & black & white -- or white & champagne & chocolate

I COULD GO ON & ON & ON

JulieA

Shiny_Rock
So many good necklace choices- but I always seem to forget to wear the ones I have!

I am thinking I have to go with earrings (I wear some sort of earrings everyday) or RHR. But ring is hard because I do not want it to compete with my e-ring.

Dangle earrings- what shape, style, diamond cut jumps out at ya?

JulieA

Shiny_Rock
So many ideas- but i can not use credit for just any great jewelry- it has to go towards diamond only. So no colored stones or other. Will pears added to studs look sort of fancy? i want to try to get something I would wear often.

3 stone rhr- the diamonds would be on the small side to get 3 for $15,000? I will go look at prices...

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

JulieA

Shiny_Rock
Oh those are very good earrings ideas. I guess my question was easy! I just am so curious to see what other people love for ideas! Great!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I love the idea of a canary diamond. How about halo earring jackets for your earrings?

JulieA

Shiny_Rock
yellow diamonds? Is there a way to check prices for those on PS? i only seem to be able to get prices for regular ones.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i would have to suggest in and out diamond hoops and a tennis or riviera necklace.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since I also have the things you listed, the next things I want with $15,000 credit would be the DBY necklace and bracelet and a yellow diamond to make a right hand ring!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diamonds by the yard necklace and bracelet set (earrings too if it was within budget!)

drops for your current studs

rhr

big swingy leverback earrings ala kate winslet (below)...i recognize they won't be as big as hers, but yanno...

kwlever.jpg

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Now I want those kate earrings - I''ll take 15k if you can not decide what to get!
31.gif

Does anyone know if that is a small round with halo leverback- or just one huge diamond on a leverback???

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I would say either a RHR or drop earrings. If you don''t want a RHR to overpower your w-set, get both! For 15K, you should be able to do quite well. You are the fortunate one
2.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock

Date: 9/14/2007 8:29:26 PM
Author: Green with Envy
Now I want those kate earrings - I''ll take 15k if you can not decide what to get!
31.gif

Does anyone know if that is a small round with halo leverback- or just one huge diamond on a leverback???
That looks like one huge diamond - not a halo. I wish I could afford them!!! They look like the big sister of Alj''s beautiful leverbacks.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Could you possibly link us to the store, if they are online, to see what they have??
4.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2007 3:36:08 PM
Author: Ellen
Could you possibly link us to the store, if they are online, to see what they have??
4.gif
Are you referring to the Kate Winslet picture? I wasn''t sure. I got that pic from another PS thread where someone wanted to find replicas of the earrings. I think it was from a magazine article. Just in case you were referring to that picture.

shminbabe

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/17/2007 4:22:45 PM
Author: FireGoddess

Date: 9/17/2007 3:36:08 PM
4.gif
Are you referring to the Kate Winslet picture? I wasn''t sure. I got that pic from another PS thread where someone wanted to find replicas of the earrings. I think it was from a magazine article. Just in case you were referring to that picture.

That pic looks familiar to me...they might have been Harry Winston bezel set diamond earrings on Kate. I think I saw it in a mag.

If you put a bezel around two stones that could make them look larger - for your $15k credit.

jeannie

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
why only on diamonds?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
FG, I was asking the OP to link us to the store where she has credit. Sorry I wasn''t clear!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2007 9:14:24 AM
FG, I was asking the OP to link us to the store where she has credit. Sorry I wasn''t clear!
Der - that would make more sense.
20.gif
9.gif

And it''s a darn good idea too.
emidea.gif

sheena

Rough_Rock
I think you forgot the necklace for your solitaire pendant.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results