shape
carat
color
clarity

14k yellow next to 18k yellow gold?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rman222

Rough_Rock
Hi,
My wife has a 14k yellow gold wedding band. Would an 18k yellow gold tiffany style setting look good next to that, or would 14k look better? ( I know it''s subjective but would like some opinions as to which would look better)
thanks in advance,
Joe H

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the difference would be noticeable. My mother''s e-ring is 14k yellow, but her w-ring is 18K, and I can see a difference in color.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think there will be a noticeable difference in color. If her wedding band is 14k, get her a tiffany setting in 14K as well.
2.gif

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
The color diff will be noticeable, but I don''t necessarily think that''s a bad thing- I like mixing metals. Is she a matchy kind of gal? If she is, go with 14K.

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with MrsFrk, if it will bother her, don''t do it, otherwise I don''t see a problem.

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
My solitaire is in 18K gold, and my wedding band is 14K gold. I honestly couldn''t tell a difference after I''d worn the 18K band a few times. When the 18K was new, it looked shinier and a bit more golden, but now they look pretty close to the same. The 18K gold feels a little more "hefty" to me that 14K gold, but I don''t think the appearance is that noticable. None of my gold looks "exactly" the same, anyway. A lot depends on the blend of alloys used.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results