shape
carat
color
clarity

14k Rose Gold Victorian Repousse Locket <3

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I have always wanted a larger solid gold locket, yet the antique ones that I found were
either way too pricey or weren't perfectly "me" and were missing an element that I craved
and I didn't want to settle.

I've owned a few tiny lockets here and there, most of which were under 10mm
and most were gold filled, or lost somewhere along my childhood.

I longed for a substantial gold piece with history, where I could
store a photo or two of something or someone precious to me.
Hence, why I'm so elated to announce that I finally found one that was so perfectly me:
Victorian aged, a small Old Mine Cut for sparkle, two places for pictures,
a nice hearty weight and size at 3cm in diameter, a beautifully detailed face and bail, and overall
I purchased her for such a sweetened price.

I even adore the cursive engraving on the back, it having a letter to my first name.

I just purchased it and couldn't wait to post!
I will have to update when I get it but I hope that I love it as much as I do in these photos.
Will update with some neckshots when I receive her! ahhhhhh!

Hopefully she will be the one and will end my search; something that my daughter
becomes familiar to seeing around my neck and touching as I hold her, opening and closing
it to her and her fathers photos.
I truly wanted a piece with history, that I can impression my own onto as well and hand
down when I go.
Something I can wear on a shorter black silk/velvet ribbon or a longer 14k rose gold
necklace <3
I know it might seem like a little trinket to some but I am so happy
with the thought of finally owning one.

Without further adieu....
omclocket.jpg

omclocket2.jpg
omclocket3.jpg
omclocket4.jpg
omclocket5.jpg

The little details on the face remind me of crescent moons or owls....beans if I'm hungry haha
I also LOVE that it opens down instead of sideways; the aesthetic of opening it down when wearing
it just seems so beautiful and gentle of a motion.
Please post your own vintage or antique lockets if you have any!
I would love to see them, especially on until I get mine!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not have one to share but yours is gorgeous and I love that it has that diamond for added sparkle.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Oh I love your mine diamond locket, how wonderful that you found just exactly what you wanted! It is so rare and you know it instantly when you see it. Congratulations! I would love to see pics with photos inside.

My favorite locket is Moss Agate set in yellow gold, and I love it but I have struggled with getting a photo of my beloveds made small enough to fit! I wear it on a blackened silver chain.
2697C2EB-6113-406E-8B1A-40D5D7BD420B.jpeg

Last edited:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I do not have one to share but yours is gorgeous and I love that it has that diamond for added sparkle.

Thank you so much! Coming from you the vintage queen its such a compliment! & yes my ideal locket was large, antique and had to have a little antique sparkle as well!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Oh I love your mine diamond locket, how wonderful that you found just exactly what you wanted! It is so rare and you know it instantly when you see it. Congratulations! I would love to see pics with photos inside.

My favorite locket is Moss Agate set in yellow gold, and I love it but I have struggled with getting a photo of my beloveds made small enough to fit! I wear it on a blackened silver chain.
2697C2EB-6113-406E-8B1A-40D5D7BD420B.jpeg

Thank you PreRaphaelite <3
You actually inspire me with my antique choices as you have such lovely taste. You are truly like a mermaid in my mind from another time that collects shiny relics. I also love how I just described Ariel Haha

I love your moss agate locket and how special to own one made with stone. I bet it feels so nice and cold on the skin. Oooh oxidized silver would be killer with a yellow gold locket! Hmmm ideas....

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Thank you PreRaphaelite <3
You actually inspire me with my antique choices as you have such lovely taste. You are truly like a mermaid in my mind from another time that collects shiny relics. I also love how I just described Ariel Haha

I love your moss agate locket and how special to own one made with stone. I bet it feels so nice and cold on the skin. Oooh oxidized silver would be killer with a yellow gold locket! Hmmm ideas....

Aww thanks so much, that’s very kind. :)

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20200513_065516.jpg
I love the details on your beautiful new locket. How romantic....sigh.

This is a pic of my grandmother's locket. I believe her mother gave it to her when she left Italy for America. She was only 13 years old at the time. I remember that she wore it daily, from the time I was a little girl, until she passed when I was in college. Seeing it always brings loving memories.

Deco_Darling

Rough_Rock
Oh how I love lockets! I’m hoping that they make a strong comeback soon, but even if they don’t they’ll always be stylish to me. Yours is absolutely beautiful!!! I love all of the details and the idea of your daughter growing up seeing it on you.

I remember my great grandmother wearing her mother’s locket almost daily when I was little. It inspired me to buy mine a few years back. It is 18k gold and from the turn of the century I believe. It’s about 1.5 inches in diameter. I just fell for the engraving both on the outside and the inside. I still haven’t filled it with pictures yet because I hate covering the swirls. The backside is blank so maybe once I get my initials engraved on it I’ll have to strength to place photos inside as well:lol: 20248850-AE3F-415E-AE49-73C6D15F9704.jpeg 5CF1559A-E7C1-4A93-9031-02E41227A461.jpeg

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
I have always wanted a larger solid gold locket, yet the antique ones that I found were
either way too pricey or weren't perfectly "me" and were missing an element that I craved
and I didn't want to settle.

I've owned a few tiny lockets here and there, most of which were under 10mm
and most were gold filled, or lost somewhere along my childhood.

I longed for a substantial gold piece with history, where I could
store a photo or two of something or someone precious to me.
Hence, why I'm so elated to announce that I finally found one that was so perfectly me:
Victorian aged, a small Old Mine Cut for sparkle, two places for pictures,
a nice hearty weight and size at 3cm in diameter, a beautifully detailed face and bail, and overall
I purchased her for such a sweetened price.

I even adore the cursive engraving on the back, it having a letter to my first name.

I just purchased it and couldn't wait to post!
I will have to update when I get it but I hope that I love it as much as I do in these photos.
Will update with some neckshots when I receive her! ahhhhhh!

Hopefully she will be the one and will end my search; something that my daughter
becomes familiar to seeing around my neck and touching as I hold her, opening and closing
it to her and her fathers photos.
I truly wanted a piece with history, that I can impression my own onto as well and hand
down when I go.
Something I can wear on a shorter black silk/velvet ribbon or a longer 14k rose gold
necklace <3
I know it might seem like a little trinket to some but I am so happy
with the thought of finally owning one.

Without further adieu....
omclocket.jpg

omclocket2.jpg
omclocket3.jpg
omclocket4.jpg
omclocket5.jpg

The little details on the face remind me of crescent moons or owls....beans if I'm hungry haha
I also LOVE that it opens down instead of sideways; the aesthetic of opening it down when wearing
it just seems so beautiful and gentle of a motion.
Please post your own vintage or antique lockets if you have any!
I would love to see them, especially on until I get mine!
This is so intricate and beautiful I haven’t seen one like this before. I’ve been looking for a locket but have yet to find one that speaks to me

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
This is so intricate and beautiful I haven’t seen one like this before. I’ve been looking for a locket but have yet to find one that speaks to me

If you like the look of this one id suggest looking for antique victorian lockets. They truly have a lot of the charm and detail that is missing today...and heft!
Oh and thank you! I cant wait to see her in person and the adorable little mine cut!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Shes sending it off tomorrow!

Waiting for jewelry in the mail or from designers is so darn difficult for me right now. I'm not sure if its COVID but I'm like a giddy little girl and have ZERO patience. Haha
I just want it already haha
Want it in my hands to stare at and run my fingers over every dent, engraving, and forgotton detail!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
@stracci2000
Wow! That is so darn cool!
I honestly didn't know what either were until
you mentioned them.
The history is so interesting!

So this would have been a locket just for storing photos that would be hung
on a woman's chatelaine on her waist or attached to a timepiece as a watch fob
almost like the equivalent of one nice a$$ key ring?!
The attachement making finding her/his? watch easier.

Super neat! Thank you!
Please do share any more info on these as I'm such a newb &
I'm finding it so interesting!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I just received it and omg I am speechless. SHE IS THE ONE!!!
I almost feel like she was mine?!
Im not sure how to explain it really but it feels as though she was meant for me.

My beau asked about the package I got; I rationalized the purchase by telling him that it was a present to myself for our daughter graduating kinder in that Ive kept her alive for over 5 years! :lol:

I thought the sellers pictures were nice but shes so much better in person. She has so much damn charm! & she really is a beautiful rosey pink color! Shes really well made and has a feeling of sustenance and antique luxury. *swoon*

She is truly perfect and my search for an antique locket is over!
The diamond is so white and sparkly and bigger than I imagined....so not a problem!

I'm truly over the moon!
Pardon if there are spelling errors, I'm much too excited to edit my post!!

& @stracci2000 Omgosh I saw that photo when I did a little research.....I think she was on a chatelaine!!!!
Why in the world dont women wear these anymore? The noise maybe? Or I guess carting a dangling tampon wouldnt be as dignified lol

Without further adieu.......

Here is "Madeleine"

IMG_20200518_155944~2.jpg IMG_20200518_163612.jpg IMG_20200518_162909.jpg
IMG_20200518_162847.jpg IMG_20200518_162824.jpg IMG_20200518_160418.jpg IMG_20200518_155849.jpg IMG_20200518_155911.jpg IMG_20200518_160044.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just received it and omg I am speechless. SHE IS THE ONE!!!
I almost feel like she was mine?!
Im not sure how to explain it really but it feels as though she was meant for me.

My beau asked about the package I got; I rationalized the purchase by telling him that it was a present to myself for our daughter graduating kinder in that Ive kept her alive for over 5 years! :lol:

I thought the sellers pictures were nice but shes so much better in person. She has so much damn charm! & she really is a beautiful rosey pink color! Shes really well made and has a feeling of sustenance and antique luxury. *swoon*

She is truly perfect and my search for an antique locket is over!
The diamond is so white and sparkly and bigger than I imagined....so not a problem!

I'm truly over the moon!
Pardon if there are spelling errors, I'm much too excited to edit my post!!

& @stracci2000 Omgosh I saw that photo when I did a little research.....I think she was on a chatelaine!!!!
Why in the world dont women wear these anymore? The noise maybe? Or I guess carting a dangling tampon wouldnt be as dignified lol

Without further adieu.......

Here is "Madeleine"

IMG_20200518_155944~2.jpg IMG_20200518_163612.jpg IMG_20200518_162909.jpg
IMG_20200518_162847.jpg IMG_20200518_162824.jpg IMG_20200518_160418.jpg IMG_20200518_155849.jpg IMG_20200518_155911.jpg IMG_20200518_160044.jpg
I'm so excited for you!
She is marvelous!
I'm sure that at one time, long ago, another lady was thrilled with this beautiful piece, too!
We need neck shots!
I guess carting a dangling tampon wouldnt be as dignified lol
The tampon would be hand crocheted, and in it's own little case, for propriety, of course!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, she is even more beautiful in your pictures, look at all the details. Great find, really a treasure.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Madeline is so beautiful and so charming! How marvelous! Could we trouble you for some neck shots maybe?

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Madeline is so beautiful and so charming! How marvelous! Could we trouble you for some neck shots maybe?

Here are some photos that show what others might see and offer some perspective! I realized Ive never taken more than a few neckshots in my life because I'm a ring lady, so I dont think they're my strong suit. Haha

Everytime I took a photo to see the locket, it was too close and you couldn't see it well on the body but when I zoomed out they just seemed awkward. So enjoy my awkward neck shots! Haha

I also realized that I like wearing Madeleine higher up on the neck so I want to find the perfect sturdy chain!

IMG_20200521_180104.jpg IMG_20200521_180143.jpg IMG_20200521_180021.jpg IMG_20200521_180051.jpg IMG_20200521_180232.jpg IMG_20200521_180247.jpg

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are some photos that show what others might see and offer some perspective! I realized Ive never taken more than a few neckshots in my life because I'm a ring lady, so I dont think they're my strong suit. Haha

Everytime I took a photo to see the locket, it was too close and you couldn't see it well on the body but when I zoomed out they just seemed awkward. So enjoy my awkward neck shots! Haha

I also realized that I like wearing Madeleine higher up on the neck so I want to find the perfect sturdy chain!

IMG_20200521_180104.jpg IMG_20200521_180143.jpg IMG_20200521_180021.jpg IMG_20200521_180051.jpg IMG_20200521_180232.jpg IMG_20200521_180247.jpg

It is fabulous! I'm so glad you love it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results