shape
carat
color
clarity

14k or 18k mens wedding band ?

Db0916

Rough_Rock
Which is better for a mens wedding band. It will have two small diamonds and one small sapphire in it (from my old engagement ring). I am having it custom made at a local shop in Northern VA. Also, is there a big price difference between the two?

Thanks,
DB

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
there is a price difference between the two probably by few hundred. The reason I'll get 14k for my fiance is he is a very out door person and always play sports etc and 14k is stronger than 18k

Db0916

Rough_Rock
Forgot to mention it will be white gold.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In that case, I have read on here (by an appraiser) that 18k white can be harder than 14k. It is the opposite with yellow gold. But neither should be worn playing sports or doing yardwork, etc. because they would get banged up. Get a tungsten band if you want to wear it all the time!

Mrsacornblue

Shiny_Rock
I agree with Diamondseeker. My hubbies band is 14K WG and it's held up well for 6 years of marriage, but it has no stones and he takes it off to do yardwork and other heavy-duty activities. I think that 18K would be a good choice, but you might want to cosider a tungsten band for your FI as a sportier option for certain types of activties. I am getting one to wear to work (I'm a nurse) so that I can leave my platinum and diamonds at home where they are safer.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mrsacornblue|1307799604|2943219 said:
I agree with Diamondseeker. My hubbies band is 14K WG and it's held up well for 6 years of marriage, but it has no stones and he takes it off to do yardwork and other heavy-duty activities. I think that 18K would be a good choice, but you might want to cosider a tungsten band for your FI as a sportier option for certain types of activties. I am getting one to wear to work (I'm a nurse) so that I can leave my platinum and diamonds at home where they are safer.

I really agree that two bands is ideal!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd even consider 10k myself, since the cost of gold right now is ridiculous.

My husabnd's ring is 10k. It is this style: http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/product168279.html He has worn it for 4 years doing everything -- including golfing with it on frequently and working in the yard etc -- and it looks pretty good. The edges are all softened. It needs a polish and dip. But it looks nice.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results