shape
carat
color
clarity

14k Ebay ruby vintage tennis bracelet - makers mark?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
s-l1600 (28).jpg

I bought this on ebay this morning. It's a 14k tennis bracelet marked MEXICO, 14k and has two 2's on dice as a mark. Seller's pics. I am curious if anyone knows where I can look up makers marks, or may have a book you can check.

I put in an offer and then kicked myself. While I am confident this is gold, I have no idea if these rubies are filled. I didn't pay a crazy amount, so even if they are crummy, I can wear it without much fear.
I was attracted to the color and mag-pied the bracelet. I am now going to go look for unworn pieces in the jewelry box to put on LT as a guilt sacrifice. Hubby not too mad. I live another day :) s-l1600 (27).jpg s-l1600 (26).jpg s-l1600 (25).jpg s-l1600 (23).jpg

Last edited:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I think I traced it down through Google. Possibly not very vintage. Imperial Gold Co. from Mexico (leaving this here for posterity).

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@moneymeister, was just going to post...you beat me to it lol. I found the same info, Imperial Gold company.

The bracelet is really pretty! The color of the rubies is beautiful.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's pretty!
So what if they are filled. We can't have everything.
You say you didn't over pay, and it's lovely and very wearable!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
@moneymeister, was just going to post...you beat me to it lol. I found the same info, Imperial Gold company.

The bracelet is really pretty! The color of the rubies is beautiful.

It's pretty!
So what if they are filled. We can't have everything.
You say you didn't over pay, and it's lovely and very wearable!

Thanks ladies.

@junebug17 thank you so much for the look-up! I had decided to stop buying smaller pieces and to start buying fewer, nicer pieces. Then that sort of went out the window on impulse. I love red rubies though. Not too pink, not too brown, not too expensive. I got excited.

@stracci2000 I appreciate the support. You're right, of course. I shouldn't let "mind clean" ruin a perfectly good bracelet.

In any event, this looks older to me. The thick boxy clasp looks vintage, as does the heavier gold work. It is heavier than it would be if made in a cheap mass run for a department store. The shrimp motief was an 80's look, if I remember correctly. It's not a current look.

Oh well. I like red rubies.

Thank you for your thoughts! s-l1600 (24).jpg

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very much looking forward to seeing this on your wrist
its very pretty
A nice find indeed that i hope will get lots of use

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful, love the red colour. It’s 14kt gold, so it’s a good quality bracelet. Doesn’t matter if they are lab grown or treated rubies, they are lovely.
My favourite mistaken buy was buying what I thought a stunning spessartite garnet ring, paid a decent amount for it.
Oops, was/ is a 15DA5AD1-3BAC-471F-9DE0-67C852F4509B.jpeg synthetic orange sapphire.
Ring is still beautiful, ring is still loved and worn.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
It’s beautiful, love the red colour. It’s 14kt gold, so it’s a good quality bracelet. Doesn’t matter if they are lab grown or treated rubies, they are lovely.
My favourite mistaken buy was buying what I thought a stunning spessartite garnet ring, paid a decent amount for it.
Oops, was/ is a 15DA5AD1-3BAC-471F-9DE0-67C852F4509B.jpeg synthetic orange sapphire.

That ring is so beautiful. I can see why you thought it was a spess. You are considerably knowledgeable on gems. It's comforting to know that you have a few mistakes (that you love). Not that I am happy you have regrets. Maybe there is hope for me yet.

I will probably go take a quick course at the International Gem Society on rubies.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

If only all of life's mistakes looked that good !

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Very much looking forward to seeing this on your wrist
its very pretty
A nice find indeed that i hope will get lots of use

Thank you, Sunshine. I hope to wear it so much that I get every dime out of the purchase :)

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
lol...so they lost it. Out for delivery on Monday. Hope the mail person just has it in her truck. I called the local USPS to have them look.

The seller did not insure...only the default 50 bucks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results