shape
carat
color
clarity

14K 18K Heart and Arrow HCA Ideal Scope

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crons79

Rough_Rock
1. Is it better to get 14K or 18K Yellow Gold rings?
(One person told me 18K looks better, but another told me it is to soft and will wear out due to the amount a wedding ring is worn)

2. Is a "Heart and Arrow" cut really worth the extra money?
(Will I "see" a difference for the extra money I spend?)

3. Is a "HCA" cut worth the extra money?
(Will I be able to see a difference?)

4. Will I notice a difference in "sparkle" if I get a...
H instead of F
SI2 instead of VS1
a good cut instead of Heart and Arrow Ideal Cut

5. Has anyone used an Ideal-Scope in purchasing thier diamond? (Was it helpful?)

I guess I am trying to get my girlfriend (soon to be fiance) the best diamond I can for her while getting the most for my money. (She would be happy with anything, but I want to giver her the best I can. :)) )

Thank you for your time and help! God Bless! -Ron

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Crons79,

----------------
2. Is a "Heart and Arrow" cut really worth the extra money?
(Will I "see" a difference for the extra money I spend?)
----------------

Depends on individual. Find Hearts on Fire dealer in your area to have an idea how ideal H&A stone look like comparing to regular stone. Then check the prices for HA& stones in the internet and decide for yourself whether it’s worth it.

----------------
3. Is a "HCA" cut worth the extra money?
(Will I be able to see a difference?)
----------------

(HCA) on this site to check how your diamond is cut. It helps to separate poor makes and find nice looking stones outside traditional ideal cut range and hence save some $$.

----------------
4. Will I notice a difference in "sparkle" if I get a...
H instead of F
SI2 instead of VS1
a good cut instead of Heart and Arrow Ideal Cut
----------------

Color and clarity in these ranges won’t affect the sparkle. You should be able to see the difference between mall quality stones and H&A. Besides, ideal cut diamonds usually look larger than majority of others since most of them cut deep.

----------------
5. Has anyone used an Ideal-Scope in purchasing thier diamond? (Was it helpful?)
----------------

----------------I guess I am trying to get my girlfriend (soon to be fiance) the best diamond I can for her while getting the most for my money. (She would be happy with anything, but I want to giver her the best I can. :)) )
----------------

Good luck :)[/u][/u]

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 11/17/2002 12:26:29 PM

1. Is it better to get 14K or 18K Yellow Gold rings?
(One person told me 18K looks better, but another told me it is to soft and will wear out due to the amount a wedding ring is worn)

Here is the deal. Once upon a time there was pure gold, 24K. It was too soft to make jewerly from. People found that adding 8.4% other metals made it strong enough for jewelry. This is 22K gold, and is popular in India and other parts of the world. It is still too soft for delicate items, such as clasps and thin rings -- so 18K was born. 18K is the gold one uses for fine jewerly when they want it to be strong.

Then someone realized they could save money by making 14K, and still sell it as gold. While it is stronger than 18K, 18K is strong enough. 14K is mostly an American creation. If you were in Spain and asked for 14K gold, they would think you were nuts. In the US it is currently illegal to offer anything less than 10K as decorative jewelry, but in England people sell less than 10K.

Get 18K for any fine jewerly. It is strong enough for Tiffany & Co.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results