carat
color
clarity

$14.5K - 1.72 Round E VS2

wackytube

Rough_Rock

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Run. The video showed a dud of a diamond. It looks so dark, and didn’t have good light return at all.
Just to add a little more specific details: The table is huge on this diamond and the crown angle quite low so it’s going to look very flat from the side. The pavilion angle is actually a bit deep. There can be decent 60/60 diamonds, which have more spread and greater white light return and with less colored light, but the diamond you linked to just isn’t very attractive.

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely do not buy this. It isnt well cut and has a very flat top. Anything that scores over 2 (sometimes 2.5) on the HCA shouldn't be considered if you are looking for a well cut stone

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Also, you never want a diamond with a table larger than the depth. Additionally, you do not want an E colored diamond that has medium blue fluorescence unless it is priced at a discount (and you also don’t mind it).

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Additionally, you do not want an E colored diamond that has medium blue fluorescence unless it is priced at a discount (and you also don’t mind it).

This is not always true - I have an E colored emerald cut with strong blue and a D round with strong and neither of them have any deleterious effects due to the fluor. Milky / oily / hazy diamonds are the exception, not the rule. Due to long standing biases, they do tend to sell for a discount however.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I’m sorry I offended you, I apologize if I didn’t phrase it better. Colorless stones with Med and higher should be sold at a discount so I’m just pointing out something they should keep in mind so they don’t overpay. I didn’t mention anything with regard to hazy/milky/oily.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"the bigger table gives the bigger look" and stops making further comments.
LMAO

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
OP, if you post your budget and preferences (size, color etc), the experts may be able to find you a better stone. Look around a bit more so that you get a super stunning diamond.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results