shape
carat
color
clarity

1200 to spend. Possibly.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's traditional for Persian brides to get jewelry as gifts. I asked for non-jewelry gifts, but my mom hinted to me today that IN ADDITION to non-jewelry gifts certain family members MIGHT want to get me jewelry gifts, inexpensive ones though to respect my wishes.

So I told her that I would prefer ONE nicer piece from everyone, rather than 5 or 6 less expensive ones.

So, I thought I would ask what you all would pick. I want diamonds. And white gold. No rings.

My first choice is ... 1carat tcw WF bangle.

I THINK my second choice is a full bezel diamond pendant if I can find a nice .50- .70 J-K-L SI2-I1 eyeclean AGS0 or AGS1 or expert selection or equivalent GIA stone.

Any other suggestions?
2.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
No earrings?

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
My personal choice would be the WF bangle. A number of people on this site have it and it is a lovely size.

The 0.7 ctw martinis would also be gorgeous.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Earrings are lovely too. I like those Ebree... but I think I want something upgradable if I go with studs. I don''t know though. They would be a WEDDING present, so maybe not.

I''m open to it all. Just no rings. Thanks for the suggestions guys. More are welcome at anytime.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Bangle is lovely.

I am partial to pendants.

Diamonds by the Yard necklace is very pretty too. And whomever contributed could say, "I got her a diamond!"

Any chance you''d get (or want) to wear this item on your wedding day?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The bangle would be perfect for my outfit. A pendant may work, depending. I would be wearing chandelier earrings and possibly shoulder dusters (no pendant if I get those) so no on the earrings.

ANY peice would be given to me right after our vows. It's traditional to 'dress' the bride in jewelry after the vows. I don't want to be dressed in bad jewelry. I'd rather have one tasteful lovely piece instead.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The WF bangle for sure...and imo, the shared prong huggie earrings to match. I can''t think of anything else...you are a lucky gal!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy- I am in loooooove with the bangle idea. What a perfect gift to dress up the bride a little more. Also, it''s something that YOU can see too, which makes it more special as a wedding gift I think. I am getting new studs for my grad gift but I am kind of sad that *I* won''t be able to see them. So I told my hubby he better enjoy looking at them for me
3.gif

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Gypsy, I vote for a WF dbty style necklace or WF bezel earrings (did you see mine I just got?) I"m so happy with them and they were just slightly more than 1200 but not much.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am not a bangle fan *gasp* so I would go for the pendant.

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I''d get the pendant.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pendant only if you could get a stone good enough that you wouldn't feel the desire to upgrade...otherwise, I love the idea of the dby necklace and bezel studs as a set. That would still allow you to get regular studs later. I wouldn't choose the bangle because I think a bracelet that is that thin and probably hollow will get really dented and beat up over time. I'd just hate to get it as a special wedding gift.

Wait, I just realized you said $1200, so the set idea would be out. I'd rather have the DBY at that price than a pendant, because you'll want a pendant that costs more than that, probably.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2008 9:40:05 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I am not a bangle fan *gasp* so I would go for the pendant.
Ditto.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2008 5:00:19 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Pendant only if you could get a stone good enough that you wouldn''t feel the desire to upgrade...otherwise, I love the idea of the dby necklace and bezel studs as a set. That would still allow you to get regular studs later. I wouldn''t choose the bangle because I think a bracelet that is that thin and probably hollow will get really dented and beat up over time. I''d just hate to get it as a special wedding gift.

Wait, I just realized you said $1200, so the set idea would be out. I''d rather have the DBY at that price than a pendant, because you''ll want a pendant that costs more than that, probably.

Yeah, that was my biggest problem with the pendant. I WANT BIGGER. LOL.

I don''t think I want to upgrade a wedding gift. So I''m leaning toward DBY necklace so that I get lovely enhancers downt he road... or still the bangle (although the 1.5 carat is making me itch to contribute to the-- as yet imaginary-- pot).
2.gif

Thank you all!!!

I wouldn''t mind sapphires either, BTW. But again, don''t want a ring.

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have a diamond pendant? That would be classic (and upgradable?)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2008 7:59:11 PM
Author: lovewhitediamonds
Do you have a diamond pendant? That would be classic (and upgradable?)
Nope. My only piece of ALL diamond jewlery are rings. All my sapphires too are rings.

I have gemstone and P-word jewelry that are other peices, and some with diamonds incorporated. But I want either all diamonds and white gold or if with a gemstone... then sapphires, BRIGHT (too expensive for my budget colored) blue ones.

They are already being very generous in the monetary gifts they are giving us for the wedding.... so this is a tangible bonus present that's a nod to tradition. It's a symbol of the tradition of my culture-- only adapted to modern times (where cash, not jewelry is king).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think in the spirit of embracing other cultures, we should ALL adopt that lovely custom!
9.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t like bangles either. If I had that much to spend I''d get diamond dangle earrings - probably in pear shape. Since it''s a wedding gift from family I wouldn''t want to upgrade it for sentimental reasons. Have fun shopping. A pendant would be nice too.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
My vote: DBTY

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Diamond huggies!!
3.gif

You can wear them daily, and when you want to be dressed up....very versitile.

~*kalypso*~

Rough_Rock
Tough choice...

On first glance I like Diamonds by the yard http://www.whiteflash.com/Fine-jewelry/Pendants/WF-Diamonds-by-the-Yard_1142.htm# , but then I thought about it.... it would depend on how small the diamonds looked in real life. If too small I wouldnt get it.

I was 50/50 on the pendant and bangle (as I usually prefer pendants), but that's just cuz i'm biased and try and not wear jewelry on my hands on a daily basis if I can avoid it.

This is for your wedding day? If the pendant would look too small in pictures and washed out, then I'd definitely get the bangle... Each diamond or group of diamonds could represent a family member that contributed to it!
emsmile.gif
http://www.whiteflash.com/Fine-jewelry/Bracelets/Shared-Prong-Bangle_958.htm#

I wouldn't want to upgrade a wedding gift like that, just for sentimental reasons.

Plus, if you really want a pendant, you can always get your hubby to get you one another time, and bigger!
27.gif
31.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2008 6:17:37 AM
Author: orbaya
Diamond huggies!!
3.gif

You can wear them daily, and when you want to be dressed up....very versitile.

Oh, that''s an idea. You could add earring charms to them later. (I heart earring charms
30.gif
) Beverley K has a pretty pair of huggies.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results