shape
carat
color
clarity

11.97 GIA Unheated Sri Lankan Sapphire and OMC ring!

lizzydm26

Shiny_Rock
I don't have the ring back yet from being sized, but I can't wait anymore to post this beauty! I purchased her to celebrate a career milestone, and couldn't be happier with the stone and ring itself. The only think that will make me happier is to have this ring on my finger!

I do not really know how old it is. The diamonds are not certed, but are 1.72 K-L (probably warmer for at least one of them). I know it is not for everyone, but I love the culet/window she has. Makes me think the stone may be more antique, but maybe not. The sapphire is huge - 13.79 x 10.22 x 8.47! Which I appreciate because I do not have petite hands.

saph 1.jpg saph 2.jpg saph 3.jpg

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That color is so pretty, congrats on the milestone and enjoy!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Really a beautiful ring!

Did Sako find it or is he just resizing? The prongs look new too. Was it a makeover/touch up piece?

Not being creepy, I just recognize his photos.

lizzydm26

Shiny_Rock
Really a beautiful ring!

Did Sako find it or is he just resizing? The prongs look new too. Was it a makeover/touch up piece?

Not being creepy, I just recognize his photos.

Thanks! Hah - would expect that from you, considering how much you seem to work with him! He is great.

I purchased the ring at an auction, and then had Sako size for me while I am waiting for him to make me a ring.

The prongs have definitely been updated. Below is the original prongs. They were changed before I purchased. I am guessing they thought an updated prong style would sell for more. Honestly - I kind of want to go back to that! Whoever did the work did not do the best job. A couple of them are different sizes from where they split the tab into two. Sako straightened them and spiffed them up a bit when he reset the stone. But I have this image in my head. Will possibly change in the future.

gia ring (2).jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! Love the updated prongs.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous find!
can we see handshot perspective of this beauty? :love:

lizzydm26

Shiny_Rock
It's beautiful! Love the updated prongs.
Thank you!! I’m torn on them. I didn’t see the old prongs until after I purchased. Going to wear for a while and see what I think.

Gorgeous find!
can we see handshot perspective of this beauty? :love:
Thanks!! I really only have one on my pinky. And it is not the best photo. I didn’t take many before sending it off to be sized. I should have it the end of this week. Someone who owned it before me had much smaller hands! 273E1FE9-3F18-41AD-9557-A80D2AF7BDFA.jpeg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Ha, I thought this was an inspo. pic of an antique example you found for your avatar because it's on that level! I love this and the color and with slight sleepiness it is elevated to divine, I happen to really love native cut stones and old cut diamonds (especially when they look like yours:shock:) and the mount itself is fantastic. It's activated my gimmethat! Ooh, I want it.:love::love::love:

lizzydm26

Shiny_Rock
@ItsMainelyYou thank you!! Haha - no- that’s actually my thumb in the avatar! I kind of can’t believe it’s mine! I am obsessed with the old cut stones, and knew I was going to make this mine right when I saw it. I’m sure I will post a million hand shots when I get it back!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Pahleassse do! And video! Don't forget some video :love:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this ring SO much! Can't wait until you get it back!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:-o Drop dead gorgeous.

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
I love 3-stone rings and this is gorgeous.

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous ring, @lizzydm26 !!
The color of the sapphire is so yummy!
I like both prong styles, but I can see why the original prongs are tugging at you.
You can’t go wrong either way.
Can’t wait to see the hand shots! Congrats on a special piece!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So gorgeous! Every time I see your avatar picture, I stop to look at it! I love the color of the sapphire and the antique diamonds! A perfect way to commemorate a special accomplishment!

lizzydm26

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone!! You have all given me a great place to share. I love reading about everyone's pieces, and the why behind them. I don't have a lot of bling lovers in person, and am happy to be part of this community!

I loved the stone immediately. And paired with the old miners - I knew I couldn't pass it up!

lizzydm26

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous ring, @lizzydm26 !!
The color of the sapphire is so yummy!
I like both prong styles, but I can see why the original prongs are tugging at you.
You can’t go wrong either way.
Can’t wait to see the hand shots! Congrats on a special piece!

I think our sapphires have similar coloring. I love your ring, and definitely the story of you finding her!

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
I think our sapphires have similar coloring. I love your ring, and definitely the story of you finding her!

Thanks so much! Yes! I think so too!
I’m sure you will love it! Nothing like looking down at that beautiful blue!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! Hah - would expect that from you, considering how much you seem to work with him! He is great.

I purchased the ring at an auction, and then had Sako size for me while I am waiting for him to make me a ring.

The prongs have definitely been updated. Below is the original prongs. They were changed before I purchased. I am guessing they thought an updated prong style would sell for more. Honestly - I kind of want to go back to that! Whoever did the work did not do the best job. A couple of them are different sizes from where they split the tab into two. Sako straightened them and spiffed them up a bit when he reset the stone. But I have this image in my head. Will possibly change in the future.

gia ring (2).jpg

I love this style of prongs...I would understand switching them back!

Either way - stunning ring and sapphire

lizzydm26

Shiny_Rock
I love this style of prongs...I would understand switching them back!

Either way - stunning ring and sapphire

Thanks!!

the old tab prongs are definitely a vintage vibe. Sako let me know that it would be a total rebuild of the basket, so it will not be happening in the near future, if ever. I probably won’t even notice them once I have it on- at least I hope!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!!

the old tab prongs are definitely a vintage vibe. Sako let me know that it would be a total rebuild of the cup, so it will not be happening in the near future, if ever. I probably won’t even notice them once I have it on- at least I hope!

Ah yes - that sounds like a lot to do...it is stunning, and I'd hate for the original setting to be compromised. That sapphire is so large and lovely I am sure you will forget all about those prongs!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a phenomenal ring!
The sapphire is divine :kiss2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Big WOW! Hand shots, please!

cheers--Shaorn

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results