shape
carat
color
clarity

10ct+ Emerald - please help pick

urchin

Rough_Rock
Hello PS community! Whoa time flies - my last posts are from 2014 when I was doing a 4ct earth-grown round center for my ER and the PS community was incredibly helpful :)

It’s now time for an upgrade and I am looking for a large emerald center (preferably around 15ct). I know it’s going to be BIG, and I am very okay with that :)

I started looking at earth-grown but quickly realized I don’t want to spend THAT much on something that’s not likely to be an investment, and went down the lab-grown rabbit hole. I realize I won’t be able to resell it down the line, but I don’t intend to :)

Found a few stones I liked and would really appreciate PS community help figuring out the right one please :)

AofJ 14.09ct F VS1 GIA 5221758796

Adiamor 15.40 F VS1 GIA 2225805699

Adiamor 17.08 E VS2 GIA 6237001806

Open to suggestions for other stones you like! Since this is not an investment, would like to stay under $40-45k budget and want to get the best most bling’y stone possible :) a bit bigger is ok too but not over 20 carats as that is REALLY big :)

Thank you so much!

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
It's really hard to tell from just a photo. If you're spending that kind of money, why not use a concierge service. I've seen this suggested a number of times as the person you are speaking with is an expert in fancy cuts and also can preview the diamond for you and hopefully get you videos in different lighting conditions and ASET images. They basically vet the stone for you. I think, in your case especially, it's worth it.
There is also Ritani. They have 2 EC's at 14ct. Again, you'd have to see ASET's, and IRL, but these might be worth looking at as well.
Ritani

urchin

Rough_Rock
If you're spending that kind of money, why not use a concierge service.
Thank you for your advice! Completely open to working with a concierge service, but not sure where to go? I have had multiple experiences with jewelers at this point, some good, some not so great (all earth-mined), but tbh it always felt like an upsell and/or not a great value for money, which is why I am here.

I looked at Ritani and they are quite a bit more for what looks like similar’ish stones. Since this is not an investment, not sure if I want to spend more? But obviously depends on the stone characteristics and performance.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m of no help at all, but just wanted to say I prefer the more elongated shape of 2 and 3 :D

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Emeralds and other step cuts are even more difficult to evaluate without a video than brilliant cuts. Maybe the Ritani stones are more expensive, but at least you get more data.

For this amount of money, you don’t want to buy a dead emerald that looks like glass.

If you want to try the options only with photos, then consider investing in an ASET or Idealscope. Also be preparerd to buy and return a few stones. You’ll basically be your own concierge.

One way or another, you’ll definitely be able to find a wonderful stone!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m of no help at all, but just wanted to say I prefer the more elongated shape of 2 and 3 :D

Same here, prefer skinny ECs rather than chubby ones!

No help to the OP, sorry, as shape preference is very personal.

DK :))

urchin

Rough_Rock
For this amount of money, you don’t want to buy a dead emerald that looks like glass.
Oh absolutely! Especially considering that it will probably have minimal resale value and I am just buying this bc it will look pretty and I always wanted a big beautiful stone :)

If you want to try the options only with photos, then consider investing in an ASET or Idealscope. Also be preparerd to buy and return a few stones. You’ll basically be your own concierge.
Thank you! Will get the ASET scope tool, I have the loupe and went pretty deep researching cuts when I was looking for a round (in the last go round), HCA was super helpful back then.

One way or another, you’ll definitely be able to find a wonderful stone!
Thank you! I very much hope so :)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With your budget I would go to Jann Paul, or ask Jonathan from Distinctive Gems to help you source exactly what you want

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
There you go! I knew someone would know who to contact. Just remember, if you decide to choose on your own be sure to know the return policies.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results