shape
carat
color
clarity

: )

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, ladies! I know I said I was going to stay away until the proposal happened but I have some exciting news!

I suggested to FF that we go on a vacation. We rarely take vacations and I think it's really time to just do something for us and get away from it all. You know, just a break from the every day life. So, I came up with the idea of a cruise. And that was that. FF was totally on board from the get-go, especially since I just got my tax return back which is paying for the majority of the trip. June 1st we're off on a 9 day cruise to Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos Islands, Nassau Bahamas and Half Moon Cay Bahamas! I am SO excited!!

With the decision to take the cruise and the impending proposal (by the end of April), we've decided to use a stand-in ring for the proposal and later on down the line, I'll get the ring I really want. The money we're spending on the cruise could cover the cost of the ring I wanted (a diamond band) but for one, FF won't let me spend "my" money on the ring he is supposed to get for me. (His words.) And two, well, we just need this vacation and I am more than happy to wait a while for the actual ring. As I've said many, many times before, it's not about the ring. It's the commitment.
9.gif

So... I am SO excited! Our last cruise was back in 2005 I think... same cruise line and amount of days. That time we went to San Juan Puerto Rico, St. Thomas (my FAVORITE!!) and Tortola. We had a blast! And I am sure we'll have an awesome time on this one!

I'm also very excited for my stand-in ring. Now I just have to wait for the proposal!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A cruise sounds fun! Everyone needs a vacation, great idea for your tax return!

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE cruises and yours sounds like tons of fun!

I think by you putting your (complete) ring aside and focusing more on your relationship and time alone together is really wonderful. I see many people putting things like that off to get the engagement first. You are right when you say it is more about the commitment then the ring. :)

Can''t wait to see the stand in ring!! What is it.... 2 months or LESS away?! yay!!
36.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
That sounds like so much fun. And I agree, I think the "stand-in ring" is a good idea. Sounds like you''re at a great point in your life right now -- enjoy!!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so excited for you! That cruise sounds amazing :)

Take lots of pictures!
(of the cruise AND the ring
1.gif
)

jcarlylew82

Shiny_Rock
hooray!

Are you going back to the islands?

tlh

Ideal_Rock
That is amazing! So it will be a celebration trip too!
Congrats!
35.gif

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!!! That sounds like SO much fun! What a great plan!

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much ladies!

Date: 2/1/2009 7:21:52 PM
Author: Definitely, Maybe
I LOVE cruises and yours sounds like tons of fun!

I think by you putting your (complete) ring aside and focusing more on your relationship and time alone together is really wonderful. I see many people putting things like that off to get the engagement first. You are right when you say it is more about the commitment then the ring. :)

Can't wait to see the stand in ring!! What is it.... 2 months or LESS away?! yay!!
36.gif
Definitely, Maybe: That's exactly what I said to FF. When I brought up the idea of the cruise, he immediately said "well, what about the ring? It'll have to be put off for a little." I replied that I would rather take a vacation with him and have QUALITY time TOGETHER over a ring ANY DAY. He knew I meant it and then was on board with the idea.

I love my time with him. LOVE it. And to me, memories we make together through the years mean so much more to me than a ring EVER would. And actually, if I love my stand-in ring as much as I think I will (I picked it out) then I just might tell FF that I don't want another ring down the line. It's cheap. Not diamonds. But guess what? I don't care. Haha. The physical ring itself isn't what has meaning, it's the symbolism that means everything to me.
9.gif

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 9:42:26 AM
Author: jcarlylew82
hooray!

Are you going back to the islands?
Which islands? St. Thomas, Tortola and Puerto Rico? Unfortunately, no... they are not offered with this cruise.
8.gif

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 9:55:39 AM
Author: tlh
That is amazing! So it will be a celebration trip too!
Congrats!
35.gif
I didn''t even think of it that way! Hehe. A whole 9 days of just celebrating us! Yippie!!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
OOOO I''m sure you would have a splendid time!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results