shape
carat
color
clarity

$1000 to spend for Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
My hubby has told me I can choose my own gift this year and I am very excited about that. I would like to hear opinions on what YOU would get for $1000. I want diamond studs more than anything right now but I am looking at 1.5 total carat weight ACAs and obviously $1000 is not going to get me those. I am hoping those will come in a few months or so. So I am looking for something other than studs. So far I like this ring from Quest quite a bit. It is probably #1 on my list. Other opinions would be greatly appreciated.

7203-W(E).jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely ring Jazmine, very nice choice! Hmm.... if it was ME I would hunt around for a small WF ES diamond or similar, maybe around .40 and have it set as a very simple but sparkly pendant, just WG with a 4 prong setting.

Here you go - an ACA .39ct E VS for $1100
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Yummy numbers to boot!
http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-9209.htm

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Jazmine, the ring you picked has a really nice design. I don''t know much about the diamond quality from Quest, but if they use higher end diamonds, I''m sure the ring is beautiful.

My only question though is why not buy "starter" earrings now with the $1000 and then trade-up, as you can. Earrings are what you really want and 1.5 carats total weight might be something to work up to, since they are pricey. WF has such a great trade-up policy, I assume it would apply to studs?

If you are anything like me, I would be happy with the ring, but I''d just keep hankering for those studs. The ring would be a band-aid, you know what I mean?

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi Jazmine:

For 1G, I would get the WF shared prong diamond bangle bracelet that JCrow got as her wedding gift from her hubby...did you see that thread? I love love love it! So pretty and delicate! That would be my #1 choice...

piccolascimmia

Shiny_Rock
I''m going through this right now as I received $1000 for my birthday! I am trying to squeeze in both a WF or BN solitaire pendant, and the .25tcw RSG WF studs. I also think buying the studs and upgrading them later is a really good option...and the Quest ring is gorgeous!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pealman''s carries Beverly K rings in styles similar to the ring you showed above.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the ring you picked out, you might want to check out firenzie jewelry because they have some similar bands as well.

I''ve been drooling over vera wang right now, so here are some of my pics.
http://www.lussori.com/vera-wang-feather-diamond-necklace-designer-jewelry-collection-diamonds.html
http://www.lussori.com/vera-wang-ring-green-tourmaline-candy-jewelry-fashion-ring.html
http://www.lussori.com/vera-wang-ring-citrine-gemstone-fashion-ring-candy-jewelry.html
(They had some of that style that were only $300, you could get a few of them and stack!)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmm well for a while i was delusional by thinking i could wear a RHR...i really do love them but not on me..so now that i own like 2 ...i finally realized i should stop spending money on them since i never wear them. and i mean never. hehe.

so that said...i would have something like a 5 stone DBY style pendant made up. it might be a wee bit over $1k but close. and i want one for dailyish kinda wear. with i think 15 pointers.

but well who am i kidding....right now with $1k extra i'd buy another b-bag!
9.gif

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
OMG, that Vera Wang necklace is to die for!

Mara, can you post an example of the pendant you referred to please?

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Hi Jazmine, I was in a similar position last Christmas that you are in now. I really, really wanted diamond studs, but we weren''t ready to put the money into them yet. Instead, I got a nice pair of diamond "huggie" hoop earrings to hold me over until this Christmas when I could buy the studs. Here''s a pic of the small hoop earrings (they''re not really yellow--it''s the lighting!):

IMG_0050small.JPG

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
P.S. If I had $1000 to spend now, I would consider this WF Zydo Heart Necklace in Black Onyx. It''s slightly over budget at $1140, but I don''t know if they would offer any PS discount on it.

WF Zydo Heart Necklace2.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i dont really have an image, but mary alaina had WF make one for her a few years ago. just think of DBY style and how you''d like 5 to be on a 16" kinda chain..hehee. i saw one on a girl on tv and it was super cute, dainty and perfect for daily wear i thought.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2006 2:18:55 PM
Author: Mara

but well who am i kidding....right now with $1k extra i''d buy another b-bag!
9.gif

haha, me too.

I do really like the huggie hoops hoo cares posted though...

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I''d be checking out Facets and Signed Pieces, daily!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock

jaz464

Ideal_Rock

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
I''m glad you like the hoop idea! I enjoy wearing mine and will still wear them from time to time even after I get my studs! You might also want to consider the Memoire brand.
http://www.memoire.com/collection2.php?Coll=11&Page=1
There stuff can be expensive, but some of their smaller hoop settings might be in your price range. They use good quality stones (I think they actually offer them in 2-3 different quality ranges). You''d also have to find a retailer who carries the brand. I''m not sure if any of the PS vendors do or not. Anyway, I think their hoops are really pretty.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Did I see I SI-2? If you bought these, what would you do with them once you bought your studs? Would you ever wear them again? Hmmm....

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I would definitely wear them again, as I like bigger, danglier earrings for evenings out. In studs I am looking for SI1 or SI2 (which will be .75 carat each) so in these tiny diamonds, I am sure the clarity will be fine. Of course, I don''t know who determined the color or clarity of these stones.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
I think I saw that the specs are average color and clarity, so some might be J I-1''s. Are you ok with that? I highly doubt these are Ideal cut stones though.....

How about these from WF? Once you got the studs, you could have these converted to a jacket/drop to dangle off the stud.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Are a few other things from Bill Barnes under $1000. This necklace is similar to the ring you first chose. G/H SI quality. I think it was $820 or so.

Antique necklace BBs.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Here are some Hidalgo earrings. Close to $1000. These could be turned into drops at a later date too, perhaps upside-down....

HidalgoBBs.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2006 6:36:34 PM
Author: Lynn B
OH! What a FUN ''problem''!!!

OK... with 1K to spend, I would suggest a pair of the Tiffany & Co Elsa Peretti bezel set baby studs in platinum. I have the .10 tcw size and they are so ADORABLE -- look like a tiny little sparkling water droplet on your ear. In that size they are $550.

They come in larger sizes, too...
.16 tcw for $800
.29 tcw takes you over budget at $1,275

http://www.tiffany.com/shopping/item.aspx?selectedsku=13034672&sku=GRP00117&cid=130442&mcat=148203&menu=0
Lynn, do you have any ear-shots?! I''d love to see what these cute little earrings would actually look like on a person. I''ve always admired them, but I didn''t know anyone had them here on ps. Sorry for the thread jack.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Jazmine. I don''t want to harp on the stud thing, but here are two ACA certified diamonds for $500 each. You could drop these into baskets and upgrade as your pocketbook allows:

0.28 each I VS2 ACA $500 each

You''d have over half a carat total weight. This is how I started and I now have 1.02 G VS2 Ideals in each ear. They are both GIA certified stones and I can just keep trading up. I never would have been able to afford these studs all at once, so this was a good option.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2006 10:00:15 PM
Author: kcoursolle

Lynn, do you have any ear-shots?! I''d love to see what these cute little earrings would actually look like on a person. I''ve always admired them, but I didn''t know anyone had them here on ps. Sorry for the thread jack.
No, I don''t have any ear shots, but I will be happy to take some and post them. It''s something I''ve been meaning to do since I got the little darlings in February. But they are soooooo stinkin'' cute, I just love them! I know the price seems outrageous for .10 ctw but actually, none of the PS vendors I asked could match the price, and they ARE platinum. AND they are also quite the little sparklers, exhibiting a nice arrows pattern.

I''ll try to get photos this weekend. Stay tuned!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results