shape
carat
color
clarity

$1000 budget for band! PS has made me a diamond snob!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
How am I gonna stay under $1000 when I want a diamond band??

PLEASE show me your diamond bands that are under $1000. Or suggestions. Would it be possible to get a 5 stone for that in white gold? The diamonds can be small, but now that I found PS, they have to be good quality. Before, I would have had all narsty speckled diamonds and NO IDEA that it mattered.

Jeez, thanks guys. Look what I have become!

eek.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would say give Signed Pieces a call. The workmanship is excellent, customer service is great and the prices can't be beaten for the quality of the diamonds. I have a 7 stone 5 pointer diamond band from SP and Noobie has an eternity diamond band from them too.

SignedPieces

I don't want to sound like I'm a promoter for SP but I am beyond pleased with the product and experience. I dealt with Isaac and mine was custom made in Platinum and 18kt yellow gold. They also have white gold pieces.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I'd give Whiteflash a call too. They have melee down to .02 stones, and they will work with you to help you meet your budget.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do they have h&a/aca melee at 3points or so? I know Mara got something made, I think it was hers...

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I don't remember--is your e-ring platinum or gold? If gold, you shouldn't have a problem. A 5-stone may not work, but you can always go for 9 slightly smaller stones! WF is really helping me to meet my budget while matching my e-ring, so they can be a great resource (they convinced me to go with 7 smaller stones rather than 5 big ones and I couldn't be happier with the decision as my w-band will sit much closer to my e-ring AND meet my budget!)
1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I called Whiteflash just a few months ago for the very same 7 stone 5 pointer diamond band with platinum head and 18kt yellow gold and they quoted me a price of nearly $1,500 which is way over what I expected and budgeted. I would have loved having ACAs but they weren't moving the price for me. Since Treysar has a budget of $1000, I doubt WF will price it below $1000 based on my quote even if the diamonds are 3 pointers. My ring size is 4.5

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Is this band going to go with your pave setting? If so you can get a BEAUTIFUL half eternity pave w-band for your budget!

Here's a link to the Vatche version, but if you were to get one custom made it would certainly meet your budget!

Vatche

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Don't apologize for stating your happiness with a particular vendor! I don't understand why some people get so angry. I have heard almost nothing but great things from most pricescope customers happiness from reputable online jewelers. I believe that every time an online jewelry vendor makes a customer happy it give credibility and helps all legitimate online jewelry venders!

Actually, I'm sick of this crap
sad.gif
. I hear it all the time. I actually like hearing about all online vendors, so that I can have more choices to buy from. I am definitely considering Signedpeices for my diamond wedding band because of the praises from some pricescope customers and their great prices! I can't afford some online vendor's diamond eternity bands because they are out of my price range, not because they aren't any good. Sorry for venting, but I'm just sick of it!
1.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I'm starting to think about wedding bands too. Glad you posted this cause my budget will probably be similar. Although my rings an antique so I have to find something that will go with an antique setting ( either antique or reproduction ) and sit next to my ring which is going to be a challange.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Innerkitten,

Are you looking at diamond bands, engraved bands, or other? You're right that you'll probably have to go custom, but I'll keep my eyes open for bands if you tell me what you want
1.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Facets has this pretty 7 stone ring (.53c) for just $611 and it's platinum.

They also have eternity rings listed with 35 diamonds totalling .53c for $784, 34 diamonds totalling .61c for $891 and 31 diamonds totalling .81c for $1097.

Color and clarity on their stone is F-G and VVS-VS. Check them out!

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
PR_11993.jpg

$235 for a 7-point round diamond band

$900 for a 18K white gold, 1/2ct

11881.jpg

$385

12853-14.jpg

$1010 (if you are willing to go over budget by just a little....) /idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 10/15/2004 2:06:50 PM Patty wrote:

Facets has this pretty 7 stone ring (.53c) for just $611 and it's platinum.

They also have eternity rings listed with 35 diamonds totalling .53c for $784, 34 diamonds totalling .61c for $891 and 31 diamonds totalling .81c for $1097.

Color and clarity on their stone is F-G and VVS-VS. Check them out!

----------------
Could you post the web address for Facets, please?

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Bagpuss, I'm not sure how to do the new hyperlink thing here, but Facets is a division of Signed Pieces. Click on Chrono's link up above and then click on Facets.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Researcher, I think I'm going to try and find something with small diamonds.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 10/15/2004 11:54:53 AM chrono wrote:

I called Whiteflash just a few months ago for the very same 7 stone 5 pointer diamond band with platinum head and 18kt yellow gold and they quoted me a price of nearly $1,500 which is way over what I expected and budgeted.
----------------

That's actually a decent price. At the time I was shopping, I went to a local jeweler to try on a 7-pointer stone next to my e-ring.

Their 7-stone, 5-pointer band was only 14K gold with W/G head instead of platinum and only "premium" diamonds, and their price was $1,699! I asked them to quote me with ideal cut 5-pointers and upgrade to 18K/platinum....they couldn't even do it because they couldn't get the ideal melee, but the pricing would have been several hundred dollars more if they had access to such melee.

I also tried on a Memoire 7-stone band at another jeweler that was plat/18K, and it was considerably more than $1500.

It's true that 3-pointers may make it more affordable.

However, the pieces I've seen from facets/signed pieces on here have looked beautiful, too. That one Noobie posted recently was to DIE for....the 3-row eternity band.....wow!

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
I love this one from facets (signed pieces)

http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=854

$785.00 to $830.00.

Also check out

http://www.signedpieces.com/search.cfm?item_category=FEB&style_number_id=11

1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't know that $1,500 for a 7 stone 5 pointer diamond band with platinum head and 18kt yellow gold is a good price especially when I compared WF's 7 stone 8 pointer diamond band in Platinum costing almost the same. Facets (Signed Pieces) made me an absolutely eye popping diamond band for just under $600. All the diamonds had very pretty arrows but I can't say anything about the hearts as they are already set. The light return was also very nice on most of the diamonds. Noobie made a very detailed post on his eternity band here:
Noobie's Ring

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
What do you think a white gold 5 stome ring that was .10, .20, .30, .20, .10 would cost? That's what I am dreaming of.

like this . o O o .

Knoww hat I mean? Evers een anything like this in a band? A 5 stone where the ceter was slightly larger??

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Bump

- still looking for a band - I can go up to $1500ish. I WANT a 5 stone band with .20 stones, but i think it''s impossible at this price. What are my options? Bueller? anyone? Thanks :)

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Did you try Signed Pieces yet?
This band is a 5 stone at 1.03ctw. Seems right up your alley for only $1200

9528.jpg

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, sevens, that is PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/15/2004 3:15:53 PM
Author: firerock

PR_11993.jpg

$235 for a 7-point round diamond band

Where is this ring from?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes i had WF make my eternity ring with .02 but they also have slightly under .01c as well..i think it''s something like .008c....that would be a really beautiful eternity ring pave set to match your e-ring. my w-ring was a bit more than your budget max in platinum, so the smaller .008c stones would probably be cheaper and band would be thinner!

curious, how do you plan to wear your wedding ring with your e-ring? i don''t see a 5 stone really working with your e-ring but maybe im missing some grand design thing?

with your e-ring i would do a very thin, simple pave band that is custom to sit flush.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Check this out

Treysar I have a ring exactly as you describe. I've posted a link so you can get an idea what it looks like. Keep in mind it's not in a "designer" setting, but it has almost the exact proportions you seek or very close. My ring is about 1 ctw. Not only are the stones tapered in size, the from the profile view, the stones taper downward as well.

BTW, I *still* have not done anything with this ring. I was wearing a lot during the time my ring was getting the extreme prong makeover (thanks kaylagee
9.gif
), but truthfully haven't really worn it since because I'm soooo enjoying my "new" ring.
9.gif
Still tossing around thoughts about what to do with it, if anything. I did eventually get used to wearing it on my middle finger. Without my wedding set I'd wear it on my left hand. And now the wedding set is all I wear.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, I''m not wearing a band with my ring - *sniff* the only regret about my setting is thta I think any bandwould take awayfrom the design of it.

so, I will be wearing my band on my other hand - so I''m trying to get as much bling as possible out of my $2000 budh=get. I saw the ost gorgeous shared prong 5 stone band that practically blinded me. I have no idea how bigthe stones were, but they could not have been more than .20 each, and they were such an EYE GRABBER! I have to go to the jewler, because I have no concept of how big .25, .20, 10 etc are compated to my hand size.

Any ideas on where I can see examples of that?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay that makes sense though I think you could still have something designed to go with the e-ring that would compliment rather than detract, however it could probably not be worn on it''s own since it would have to curve to go under the e-ring head to fit snug against.

Anyway...hmm hmm what would I do with $2k to spend on a ring? I''d probably get an eternity style something or other from SP or maybe a 7 stone...I''m not a huge fan of 5 stones because they don''t clear my entire finger...the 7 stone to me looks more like it''s a faux eternity band from the top down. I also have a 10 stone I really like...but I''d probably go with the biggest eternity ring I could get or a 7 stone.

OR the one other thing I saw recently that was beautiful was a 5 stone emerald ring...where they are all lined up...trying to remember where I saw this??? Now that was commanding!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is like the one I was thinking of but its 7 stones and has bars in between, the one I saw just had prongs holding each emerald...

I think this was something like $2400 on the SP website. Over 1ctw. The reason I'd do something like this is because the emeralds are very substantial on the hand...

facets 7 emerald.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and this is the emerald eternity ring they have, the 5 (or maybe it was 7?) stone I saw was pronged like this.

Woops...I am on crack, this ring was $11k on the SP website!! Not $2400.

30.gif

emerald eternity.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results