shape
carat
color
clarity

10 year anniversary gifts help!

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
My husband was smart to let me decide what I want as my 10 year anniversary gifts.

I am given a budget in 5 digits to spend towards anything I want. I already spent some of the money on a new Cartier Ballon Bleu 36mm automatic watch.

I have then decided to take my 1.3 CT ACA diamond from my ering that I use occasionally as I wear my 2.6 CT ering most of the time and use it for an earring project

I found a matching ACA and am in the process of creating 2.6 ctw 6 prong martini studs in platinum.

I will pass the 1.1ctw studs to my daughter when she grows up.

Now the conundrum...
I have always loved the Tiffany 16 inch dbty with 15 18 point stones. So I have gotten quotes from WF for 15 15 point stones in platinum, 18kt yellow gold, 18kt yellow with platinum bezels. But I am unable to make a decision on yellow or platinum. Price difference between the 3 is not that much.

I prefer Platinum with diamonds but I think yellow gold or rose gold necklaces suits me better. I requested all rose gold in 18kt but whiteflash does not have 18kt rose gold.

I also mix metals a lot. I wear my platinum wedding set with a Cartier Rose gold with diamonds - love bracelet sometimes stacked with WF 2ctw diamond bangle or a Tiffany rose gold T bracelet with diamonds on my left hand. I also wear Cartier trinity ring on my right hand or Tiffany T ring in rose gold with diamonds with the Cartier Ballon Bleu in Stainless steel.

I want the look of tiffany and Tiffany does not do platinum bezels with yellow gold so I am very confused as I read many posts mentioning that makes the diamonds look bigger.

Please help me make a decision :confused:

Some pics of my wearing rose gold, yellow gold and platinum for you all to help me-

I am wearing a platinum WF XO pendant with paloma picasso 18kt rose gold olive branch chain

20150825_111759-min.jpg

This one is platinum dbty converted to a chain and 18kt yellow gold single diamon dbty

20150507_091225.jpg

This is me wearing just the platinum necklace

xo3.jpg

My everyday 18kt yellow gold dbty with 0.35 ct diamond

4prong2.jpg

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
No replies :((

Anyone who has bought a dbty necklace please help...

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy anniversary!

For your skin tone I definitely think you're on the right track looking for gold over platinum.

I don't like mixing metals within necklaces myself.. Meaning if the chain is gold I like the bezels gold.. But if you mix metals as much as it looks like you do, and you wear more than one metal on the neck at a time, then I see no problem mixing metals ...

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have a dbty necklace, but FWIW my vote goes to 18kt yellow with platinum bezels.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Have you look outside of Tiffany for brands that make similar necklaces? Roberto Coin does an outstanding "dbty"--that said I cannot recall what their metal combinations are.

I enjoy my single rose gold Tiffany DBTY, it is a nice gentle rose color. Sorry, I am not much help. :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pinkprashu, I think platinum, rose gold and yellow gold all look great on your neck. So with that in mind I would choose platinum since the price difference is minimal. I love the way it looks against your skin tone as it really pops and I also love the timeless appeal of platinum. However with the way each of these metals look against your skin you cannot go wrong. They all look great on you!

Happy anniversary!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Anniversary! What a fun shopping project. I think any of the metal colors would look fabulous on you with your pendant. I can't wait to see what you get.

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
Niel said:
Happy anniversary!

For your skin tone I definitely think you're on the right track looking for gold over platinum.

I don't like mixing metals within necklaces myself.. Meaning if the chain is gold I like the bezels gold.. But if you mix metals as much as it looks like you do, and you wear more than one metal on the neck at a time, then I see no problem mixing metals ...

Thank you Niel - Lately I have been wearing a lot of gold but a few years ago, it was pretty much platinum. I hate that platinum dulls over time but have a mental thing that platinum is made for diamonds unless the center point is not diamonds like my tiffany T bracelet with. diamonds.

marymm said:
I don't have a dbty necklace, but FWIW my vote goes to 18kt yellow with platinum bezels.
Thanks you marymm

canuk-gal said:
HI:

Have you look outside of Tiffany for brands that make similar necklaces? Roberto Coin does an outstanding "dbty"--that said I cannot recall what their metal combinations are.

I enjoy my single rose gold Tiffany DBTY, it is a nice gentle rose color. Sorry, I am not much help. :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon
I have not. I am planning to stop by toffany and try the yellow gold and platinum versions today to see if I want to consider all yellow or all platinum.

missy said:
Pinkprashu, I think platinum, rose gold and yellow gold all look great on your neck. So with that in mind I would choose platinum since the price difference is minimal. I love the way it looks against your skin tone as it really pops and I also love the timeless appeal of platinum. However with the way each of these metals look against your skin you cannot go wrong. They all look great on you!

Happy anniversary!
Thank you missy. My heart definitely says platinum but my mind says that gold will look better on me. So thanks for your input.

marcy said:
Happy Anniversary! What a fun shopping project. I think any of the metal colors would look fabulous on you with your pendant. I can't wait to see what you get.

Thank you marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results