shape
carat
color
clarity

10 Pounds Down.... Five more to go! (pics!)

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
So, I''ve been dieting for this dang wedding. I bought my dress in a size that could only be zipped up by one person pushing in my chub, one person zipping the dress and me holding my breath. I gave up everything I love. Cheeseburgers. Chicken McNuggets. Pizza Hut Pan Pizza. Gyros. Buffalo Wings. Many, many Coronas. I started running. I run at least 3 times a week. Did I mention that I HATE running. Running and I don''t get along.

I''ve lost around 10 pounds so far. I have five more to go until I hit my goal weight. My wedding is nine weeks from tomorrow. I can do this. Right? Right?!?!?

Anyway, I went out with FI tonight for some sushi and Chardonnay. I decided to see how the ol'' gown fit when we got home and I was sufficiently tipsy. Guess what?!?! I can zip the beotch up ON MY OWN! I can sit down! I can walk about. I can twirl. It fits! It fits! It fits! I took a couple crappy iPhone pics and thought "who on earth could appreciate this as much as me? Of course, my PS BWW gals!!!" So, because I''ve had a couple drinks and I''m proud of finally fitting in this frock, I bring you: Me: TG In Lace, Beading and Tulle!

itfitspic1forps.jpg

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
One from the front. Sorry for the awesome bedroom lighting.

itfitspic2forps.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
you look fantastic and the dress is gorgeous!!! Congrats on the weights loss ( need to take some action desperately--beware the post-wedding 10 lbs that I and many of the other newlyweds seem to have picked up).
20.gif
you can totally lose 5 more if you want, but it looks great as is too:)

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
AND..... my shoes came in today! As much as I dreamt of being a Kate Spade, Stuart Weitzman or Calvin Klein bridal shoe kinda gal, I had to be realistic. I''m getting married at a botanical garden. I''ll be ouside on gravel and grass. I''d love to wear a pair of 4" stilettos, but it just ain''t happening. So I bought a pair of wedge Coloriffics. And guess what? They''re comfortable and I can walk around easy peasy. They may not be the prettiest shoes in the world, but dangit, they''re what I''ve got. I''m gonna rock them. And when I''m done with them after the wedding, I''m going to dye them some color other than ivory and rock them with many, many other outfits! Okay, truthfully, I''d give my pinky toe to be able to wear a pair of Manolo''s at my wedding but it ain''t happening.

Without further ado, my "Comfortable Coloriffics!"

notsoprettybutcomfyforps.jpg

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, thanks Bella! I am totally going to gain some weight after the wedding. It''s inevitable. I''m making a mental list of all the things I want to eat after we get back from the honeymoon!

(threadjacking my own thread: you''re an opera singer in NYC; I have an acquaintance who used to be an opera singer in NYC. Is it a small enough community that you all kind of know of each other? Would the name Piper ring any bells?)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! I lost 25 pounds before our wedding, and it was a LOT of hard work. I gave up EVERYTHING for those 25 pounds, but it WORKED. And I''ve just about kept it all off!

So major kudos lady! You look GORGEOUS!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YOU LOOK AMAZING!!! CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS AND KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
Yeah! You go girl! (lol.. that phrase is so cheesy but kind of fitting).

Did I mention that YOU ROCK?!? There is absolutely no way I would ever, ever, ever be able to give up hot wings. I have a SERIOUS boneless buffalo wing addiction. If I had to give up buffalo wings in order to fit into The Dress, I would find another The Dress. But anyway, I digress..

You look fab and your dress is gorgeous. Congrats on having lots of willpower.
37.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Sweetie, you look DROP DEAD FREAKIN GORGEOUS in that gown! Fits you like a glove and you have a stunning figure! STUNNING!

You don''t have to worry about getting there, you have arrived!
36.gif

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/1/2010 12:42:33 AM
Author:Travel Goddess
So, I''ve been dieting for this dang wedding. I bought my dress in a size that could only be zipped up by one person pushing in my chub, one person zipping the dress and me holding my breath. I gave up everything I love. Cheeseburgers. Chicken McNuggets. Pizza Hut Pan Pizza. Gyros. Buffalo Wings. Many, many Coronas. I started running. I run at least 3 times a week. Did I mention that I HATE running. Running and I don''t get along.

I''ve lost around 10 pounds so far. I have five more to go until I hit my goal weight. My wedding is nine weeks from tomorrow. I can do this. Right? Right?!?!?

Anyway, I went out with FI tonight for some sushi and Chardonnay. I decided to see how the ol'' gown fit when we got home and I was sufficiently tipsy. Guess what?!?! I can zip the beotch up ON MY OWN! I can sit down! I can walk about. I can twirl. It fits! It fits! It fits! I took a couple crappy iPhone pics and thought ''who on earth could appreciate this as much as me? Of course, my PS BWW gals!!!'' So, because I''ve had a couple drinks and I''m proud of finally fitting in this frock, I bring you: Me: TG In Lace, Beading and Tulle!

i.love.it. (& by "it" i mean you!) this post is full of amazing!! congrats for finding the willpower, it''s def not easy. and you look AMAZING in your gown!!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
You look great. I really like your shoes too.

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Your post was hilarious! The dress looks great! Just don''t loose TOO much weight- keep trying the dress on. I lost a little too much due to stress and my dress wasn''t as tight as it should have been and I keep having to pull up on it all night. Also keep in mind- when you start dancing, moving, and sweating, the dress will start moving too (so the tighter the better-as long as you can breathe)... IMO.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m not a BWW, but I had to pop in and tell you congratulations!!! You look SO gorgeous in your gown! All the hard work and sacrifice has definitely paid off, you look absolutely stunning!
36.gif

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
My gosh, you look divine. Mr. Travel Goddess is going to be knocked off his wind when you walk down the aisle! Good job! When my family came to the US for the wedding my sister took us to all these nice cafes and bakeries. I sat there sipping my tea while they feasted on their afternoon tea. It was torture. You can do it!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
T G you look STUNNING in your dress! congrats!! you are in inspiration!!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations--you look GORGEOUS!!! I love your dress on you. What a figure!

Your FI is a lucky man.
2.gif

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Good for you! You look fantastic!!!

Speaking of, I need to get serious about diet/exercise too. Eek!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome!!!!!!
36.gif
9.gif
36.gif
9.gif
36.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
You look fabulous! Congrats!! And your dress!!
23.gif
30.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
lovely dress - you look great!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on the weight loss! That''s a beautiful dress and you look amazing in it! Based on the intro regarding your shoes, I was expecting to see some hideous or fuddy duddy shoes, but your shoes are super elegant and will be perfect for the outdoor circumstances. I''ll be getting married outside also and have been thinking about different shoe styles. Your wedges are great.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TG - you look fabulous!!!! congrats on being so diciplined :) Your dress looks amazing and fits you perfectly -- i bought a sample gown and had a similar zipping up situation to yours. I lost fifteen lbs before the wedding to fit, and thank god i did - i couldn''t actually breathe well before that ;-) Those last 5 lbs will be no problem!

p.s. I tried on those colorifics and i agree - soooooo comfortable, and I think they''re cute! perfect for a garden wedding :)

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much ladies!!! Well, my wine headache is finally going away. It''s 73 degrees and sunny with a lovely breeze here today so a veggie sandwich and snooze in our hammock outside helped to chase away some of the hangover demons.

I woke up this morning and thought "oh crap, did I put on my dress, take pictures and then post them on PS last night? How self indulgent can I be?!?!" Then I saw all your wonderful responses and it made my day!!! Thanks so much! 10 pounds doesn''t seem like a huge number but when you''re as anti-cardio as I am and love deep fried greasy food as much as I do, 10 pounds is quite daunting. I just keep repeating "nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels, nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels....."

Violet, the shoes really ARE crazy comfortable. They''re a wee bit tight around my toes so I''ll probably wear them around the house a bit to break them in but I was pleasantly surprised at how not-hideous and easy to walk in they are.

I had originally ordered a pair of Calvin Klein "Pretty" shoes in Ivory. While they are TOTALLY gorgeous, the heel was just too thin for me to be comfortable walking around outside. I have the little fear or tripping while walking down the aisle. I still have to send them back to Zappos. I was also measured in 3 and a half inch heels when I ordered my dress and these are 4", so they would have been a touch too high anyway. They were around $130, so not tooooo expensive, but still more than I wanted to spend on a non-dyeable shoe I''ll wear for one day.

Anyway, here''s a picture:

calvinkleinshoepicforps.jpg

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/1/2010 3:18:58 AM
Author: ArtistJess
Did I mention that YOU ROCK?!? There is absolutely no way I would ever, ever, ever be able to give up hot wings. I have a SERIOUS boneless buffalo wing addiction. If I had to give up buffalo wings in order to fit into The Dress, I would find another The Dress. But anyway, I digress..

Oh my goodness, FI and I used to go to Buffalo Wild Wings about once a week for a couple beers and some boneless wings. Spicy Garlic, Asian Zing, Caribbean Jerk, oh how my taste buds yearn for those flavors! Dunked in a ramekin of chunky bleu cheese dressing......

..............Wait, where am I? I blacked out for a minute. I was lost in moment of mouthwateringly delicious daydreams.

droolingoverwildwingsforps.jpg

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Yes travelgoddess, you did post pics! AND you look absolutely smashing. Excellent job getting and staying motivated. the dress looks stunning on you.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Yes travelgoddess, you did post pics! AND you look absolutely smashing. Excellent job getting and staying motivated. the dress looks stunning on you.

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
You look GORGEOUS!
30.gif
I am so happy for you!! :) All the best in the next few weeks, you can do it! (even if you don''t lose another pound I think you look amazing
9.gif
) Good job!!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!! You look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EyeElle

Shiny_Rock
You look amazing in that dress!!
The hard work you did definitely paid off, you should be soo happy!

Your dress is beautiful. Can I ask who the designer is???

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You look so trim and gorgeous!

I love your shoes too! They look so comfy and cute.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results