shape
carat
color
clarity

10.11 carat blue zircon

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went to the intergem show today to mess around. I stumbled upon blue zircon and I was done. :shock: 10.11 carats. Zero window, gorgeous cut. Insane color. Incredible sparkle.

img_11720.jpg

img_11721.jpg

img_11722.jpg

img_11723.jpg

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
more pics...

img_11724.jpg

img_11725.jpg

img_11726.jpg

img_11727.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is so beautiful! What are your plans for it?

I love the cut and color...it would be gorgeous with a thin diamond halo.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ohhhh that's a wonderful zircon! Great color, looks very lively and has tons of sparkle! How do you plan to set it? Excited to see what you do with it :)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Indeed a lovely stone, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1462743974|4029062 said:
Wow, that is so beautiful! What are your plans for it?

I love the cut and color...it would be gorgeous with a thin diamond halo.

A RHR. Not sure on setting yet.

aussiejamie

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Love a good quality zircon. Such great 'sparkle'.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Delicious! I love the cushion shape, the size, the color, the sparkle. :love: :love: :love:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You and I definitely have similar taste. First the antique pear, now the zircon! (I have a 13 ct blue zirc in the same shape). Beautiful! :)

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
I am a connoisseur of zircon. I have tons. That is a fabulous specimen. Who did you get it from? How was the price? Did he have more of that caliber? I'd say you knocked it out of the park your first time. It's funny, the first time is always the best. And you always try to top it. My suggestion, if you find something you love, you absolutely have to have, buy it. I've regretted a few things I should have bought. I'm glad you got such a fabulous stone. Wear it in good health!

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
We should do a zircon thread!!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone, it will make a wonderful RHR!!!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gem Queen|1462765344|4029156 said:
I am a connoisseur of zircon. I have tons. That is a fabulous specimen. Who did you get it from? How was the price? Did he have more of that caliber? I'd say you knocked it out of the park your first time. It's funny, the first time is always the best. And you always try to top it. My suggestion, if you find something you love, you absolutely have to have, buy it. I've regretted a few things I should have bought. I'm glad you got such a fabulous stone. Wear it in good health!

THANK YOU! I don't know zircon very well, but these people were incredibly knowledgeable and NOT pushy at all. No pressure. Here is my stone: https://www.bestingems.com/9987-CAMBODIAN-ZIRCON-1011-CARAT-EMERALD-CUSHION-SHAPE-108X85MM-41-Sub1-pdetail.html

I paid $870 after haggling for a while LOL!!! I HOPE I got a good deal. The cambodian zircon is said to the be the most stable. The color is absolutely breathtaking. They DO have more of that caliber. I tried on at least 7 of the BEST ones they had. Click on the link, look around and if you find one, I can tell you the price they offered it for and you can call and most likely get it for that price. Since I remember each one of them and the prices, I can tell you if it's windowed, etc.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS! I have a soft spot for blue in general and that stone is fabulous. :love: :love: :love:
You are acquiring a wonderful bling collection soxfan! Cannot wait to see what you do with this beautiful zircon. :appl:

S

SparkliesLuver

Excellent zircon! :love: :clap: Very well done. And nice haggling too. ;-)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
at the size and color, yea you did ok :rodent: :lol:

Of course I'm jelly as hell, that color is FABULOUS! :love: :love: :love: :love: Great size too because color and size is really key. If you set in RG it will POP.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
more pics!

img_11731.jpg

img_11732.jpg

img_11733.jpg

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1462803817|4029277 said:

TELL me what it was really worth so I feel awesome. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing find!!!! I love zircons and this is such a special one in terms of color :love: , shape, size, spakle and cut. It will make a stunning ring.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I am looking to NOT break the bank on the setting. Should I be looking for an 11x9 size mount? (dimensions are 10.80 X 8.50 mm) Also would prefer rose gold. I CAN go back to Marlborough when they come back in July to have it set, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears! :love:

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's a beautiful stone! However, I will say LOUDLY and CLEARLY....do not have jewelry work done at a Gem Show. They say they can do anything, but the quality may be lacking as it's a rush job and I've seen some very shoddy workmanship and no recourse after the fact. Find a local bench you trust, or have it done by someone who will stand by their work after the stone is set. I'm sure others will chime in on options..........It would be worth asking for custom quotes in my opinion if for no other reason than seeing what you are dealing with for choices.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only problem with it would be the depth.. dinky blues I've set without issue, the bigger ones are always the problem. zircons tend to be so freaking deep, IMO, I think a custom one wouldn't be such a bad idea...maybe DK? (he's not to bad in terms of money right?)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh boy, what a stunner! :appl: As Arc mentioned, keep an eye on the depth because they are typically much deeper than most CS.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This beauty deserves a custom setting. And indeed: the stone might be too deep to fit in a premount?
You could ask a quote for a simple yet refined solitaire in 14K rose gold from David Klass

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1462822188|4029399 said:
This beauty deserves a custom setting. And indeed: the stone might be too deep to fit in a premount?
You could ask a quote for a simple yet refined solitaire in 14K rose gold from David Klass

I'm with you on this one! Custom it will be. AFTER I set my pear. :lol:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
soxfan|1462807504|4029290 said:
Arcadian|1462803817|4029277 said:

TELL me what it was really worth so I feel awesome. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, I paid close to the original listed price (not the sale price) of yours for mine, and it's only 3 cts bigger. Off to cry now...lol

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
You got a great deal! Wow! I'm going shopping with you!

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
I agree. Never have it set at a show, unless it's something simple, like sizing and then be careful. I have a 10 ct that I set in a pendant. I had it custom designed. It is pictured somewhere on PS. I'm sure Acinmom can find it. She's great at that. They are very deep stone, unless you get a diamond cut one.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful zircon!! And what a generous size too :appl:

arabella

Shiny_Rock
What a delicious stone, thanks for sharing it with us :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results