shape
carat
color
clarity

10/10/10 Brides how far along are you in your planning?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
I was just thinking about all that I have done and all that has to be done and officially started panicking! How far along are you ladies in your wedding planning? I would love to hear it all and even see pictures if you have any!
9.gif
I will get my list out and add it in the morning!
2.gif

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely further behind than I''d like to be!

Here''s what''s done:
- dress
- venue
- photographer

Here''s what''s in the works:
- caterer
- band
- accommodations

THE REST REMAINS!!!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Well, considering I started planning around June of last year, right after my best friend''s wedding, I kinda have a lot done!

I''ve known the destination for a while - Puerto Vallarta - and I deliberated about the venue for a LONG time. The place I really wanted to hold the entire wedding at - that is really special to us - had a few things that I wasn''t okay with. It was on the expensive side, they hold the reception in the exact same place where you walk down the aisle (I didn''t like that), and I probably would''ve had to end it fairly early because of other guests...it is a small bed and breakfast.

So, I compromised...I''m getting married (the ceremony) at their chapel, then the reception will be at a private villa so we can party ''til the break of dawn!!
Ceremony Venue
Reception Venue

I''m also working with a coordinator, so she is taking care of A LOT since it is a destination wedding. We''ve selected the caterer...that was another whole issue and I have some previous threads about it! And, I need to get a few items to her after the first of the year - who my bridesmaids are and what we''ll need as far as bouquets, etc. And, the ceremony music!!! Ugh! I have NO idea about that!! I think I''m going to try and just get a live musician...spanish guitar or somethin''.

I found my dress and ordered it, quite unexpectedly!! Sottero & Midgley 5154

I sent out my Save-the-Dates!! I love ''em sooo much!!!

I just sent out my "Will you be my Bridesmaid?" cards. I''ll post what I did with ''em soon!!

So, I still need to do...LOTS!!!
- BM dresses
- Invitation design and send ''em out
- Figure out how many people are actually coming!!! ARGH!
- Figure out music and playlists...this is really important to us, we LOVE music!
- Pay for this darn thing!!!!
- And, much, much more...

Glad to have you ladies to plan with!!!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yeah...and I booked my photographer!! Love her work so much! And, she shoots with a second shooter...8 hours of coverage...LOTS of pics!!! Yay!

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
megumic - lol I wish I had my dress already! I feel like I am so behind in that aspect of things, do you have a picture of your dress?

Rock_of_Love - You really sound on top of things! That is wonderful, I am having a destination wedding as well so I know how hard it is planning something so far away, it is no easy task. I am happy your venue is working out for you. Your STD''s are adorable and Yay! for having a coordinator!

So far here is what I have done....

*Venue -Ceremony/Reception and Catering
*Cake
*Photographer (I love our Photographer he is actually a family friend and he is so amazing and sweet as can be!)
*Videographer
*Bridesmaids chosen

I have met with the florist and DJ but haven''t put down the deposit yet, that will be this week.
I have been anxious to get my STD''s out for quite sometime now so hopefully I will be ordering them this week and I will post them here when I do!

I need to get my butt in gear, I still have no dress, no bridesmaid dresses, favours, ceremony music etc. *deep breath* lol

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results