shape
carat
color
clarity

10.05 carat Kunzite

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got this beauty from Ebay. I took a chance on this from an overseas seller... but the price was so inexpensive and the seller had 100% positive feedback so hopefully this will pan out to be a nice stone. My own personal rule: I won''t buy expensive stones from Ebay...unless it is a local, reputable seller.

It is 11 x 11 mm. I bought it more for collecting purposes........ I don''t think I will set it...unless it is even more gorgeous in person.

http://www.gemride.com/images1/2.1721.jpg

http://www.gemride.com/images1/3.1721.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Very cool! I never know whether to trust ebay or not. :razz: I really like the coloron that Kunzite!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
I hope the stone does pan out for you because its pictures are promising!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty indeed. Kunzite can fade in sunlight so I wouldn''t bring it to the beach with you.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just read an interesting article pryor to buying the Kunzite that stated how it can fade it sunlight! I thought that was rather interesting but good to know! I guess I won''t be taking pics of it in the sun.
3.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2008 2:38:22 PM
Author: cushioncutnut
I just read an interesting article pryor to buying the Kunzite that stated how it can fade it sunlight! I thought that was rather interesting but good to know! I guess I won't be taking pics of it in the sun.
3.gif
Wow. That's - cool and odd at the same time, LOL. (The fading in the sun, I mean).

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I received it today.. (that was quick!) and it is just Beautiful! I especially love the cut and the clarity is spotless. What a beautiful MONSTER this turned out to be... I am very impressed for the $30 that I paid for it!!!!
36.gif
I may just have to set this stone in the very distant future!!!
31.gif

DSCF5828.JPG

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know I shouldn''t have it in the sunlight... but I can''t imagine it would fade that quickly................
3.gif

DSCF5805.JPG

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.gif

DSCF5807.JPG

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.gif
I am in love with this faceting pattern...........It looks to be a portugese cut cushion!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif

DSCF5808.JPG

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.gif

DSCF5797.JPG

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
CC, Your stone is gorgeous!!!! I love the cut, the color everything about it. Are you going to set it into a pendant or ring?? I so wish Kunzite could be worn in the sun, it is such a beautiful stone isn''t it?

Linda

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/9/2008 3:04:35 PM
Author: Linda W
CC, Your stone is gorgeous!!!! I love the cut, the color everything about it. Are you going to set it into a pendant or ring?? I so wish Kunzite could be worn in the sun, it is such a beautiful stone isn''t it?

Linda

I do want to set it someday. I was thinking of a setting like Ellen''s gorgeous Aquamarine setting from Leon
30.gif
... except I probably won''t do a custom piece...unless I can''t find a cast piece.
3.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it''s a beauty!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kunzite is called the evening gemstone because it sparkles like mad at night (another good reason not to let it out during the day)!!! It looks wonderful, what a great find.

Dogmom

Shiny_Rock
Yummy!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
an evening stone?

REALLY? I will have to take this beauty out for a night romp!! LOL!

laineybugger

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow, that is absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE the cut

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Nice find.

I love Kunzites!

It's one of the hardest gemstones to cut as it has perfect cleavage in two directions. It's also a 6.5-7 on the Mohs.

I wouldn't set it as a ring, but you could do it as a pendant if you use a setting that minimises the work around the stone, and you're prepared to risk the stone breaking.

I set my sphene - which are a 5.5 on the Mohs in plain 4 prong settings (pendant and earrings) and they were fine.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/10/2008 2:30:44 PM
Author: Pandora II
Beautiful! Nice find.

I love Kunzites!

It''s one of the hardest gemstones to cut as it has perfect cleavage in two directions. It''s also a 6.5-7 on the Mohs.

I wouldn''t set it as a ring, but you could do it as a pendant if you use a setting that minimises the work around the stone, and you''re prepared to risk the stone breaking.

I set my sphene - which are a 5.5 on the Mohs in plain 4 prong settings (pendant and earrings) and they were fine.

WOW.. you know your gemstones! I knew it was a little on the softer side to set into a ring ........ but I still have that RING FETISH going!!
3.gif
A Big honkin pendant would be cool though!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Swaeeet!
30.gif

cheers--Sharon

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Lovely Kunzite! The cut is beautiful! I love Kunzite and yours is a beauty!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo, It''s just goegeous!!!!! A big honkin'' pendant would be cool.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results