shape
carat
color
clarity

1 or 2 Necklaces

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/20/2006 4:30:45 PM
Author:Jo
Does this necklace look okay for everyday casual? I''m wondering if it looks too samll and if I should add another?

BTW, the diamonds are 1 1/4'' apart.

Thanks!

I love the length- to me that''s the perfect length for everyday wear- is it 16 inches?

I know you were considering layers... I think if you went a little longer you could wear a pendant w/ it and have the pendant on a shorter chain.

Jo

Shiny_Rock
dtnyc, Actually it''s an 18" length. I''m thinking it may look a bit plain and if so, may get another identical at 17". What do you think?

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I like plain for everyday- definitely for jeans and t-shirt wear, but that being said I am a more is better person- if you can get a 17" and like the look of the 2 of them together, then go for it- then if you got a pendant you could put that on a 16" and wear 3 at once!

Have you thought about getting a 36" that you could loop around 2 times, w/ an adjustable thing in the back so you could wear it really long as well? That would be really fun and versatile.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Proportions are so tricky!!

I kinda think you should opt for a single 16" DBY necklace for everyday wear. I agree with you that at the 18" length it might be too delicate to go solo ... but I think at 16" it would be PERFECT solo.

Then you can save dough for OTHER projects ...
31.gif
rather than buying two of basically the same thing!

ETA: Or... get the 16" with a 2 inch lengthener thingie put on ... so you can vary the look & wear with other necklaces if you like.
1.gif

Jo

Shiny_Rock
dtnyc - Yes that was the plan, ONE for t-shirts. And that is great idea, to get a 36 inch to loop around. BTW, I've changed my mind about layering the pendant for everyday. That sort of layering feels too fussy - almost like the pendant gets tangled up. Think I will save that for evening wear.

decodelighted - Great, another vote for single.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the one pictured and I like it alone. I''d like to have one, too! Where did you find it?

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I think that the layering w/ the pendant is nice- but I also think it''s a trend...
one that I saw on the style network and they said the perfect number was 3, which is why I voted 3 on your last poll!

Jo

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006 - Got it from a local jeweler here in LA. Although after research on the net, you can find them at overstock.com and various Amazon vendors.

dtnyc - I like the 36 inch for versatility and evening too!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2006 4:30:45 PM
Author:Jo
Does this necklace look okay for everyday casual? I''m wondering if it looks too samll and if I should add another?

BTW, the diamonds are 1 1/4'' apart.

Thanks!
I think it looks perfect for everyday casual, and not too small at all!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i like the simplicity of it single.
i also like deco''s idea of getting a 16" with a lengthener.
2.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/20/2006 9:30:28 PM
Author: belle
i like the simplicity of it single.
i also like deco''s idea of getting a 16'' with a lengthener.
2.gif
I have found that when I try to wear more than one necklace at a time they tangle. I hate to walk around trying to untangle without having a mirror.

So I totally agree with Belle.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results