carat
color
clarity

1 CT PEAR SET WITH BAGUETTE SIDES VS PEAR SIDES

ringsearching

Rough_Rock
HI ALL!
I ALWAYS APPRECIATE YOUR ADVICE!
i have a 1 ct pear set with side baguettes in a classic harry winston style. i actually like it a lot, but a lot of the time i wish it was it was more substantial. i would really like most a round with side pears, but i cant afford a new main stone, so i am looking into resetting it into a three stone with side stones. i think if i do that, i like side stones stones the larger side, more substantial than the size of the baguettes- like maybe .3 ot .4 or .5 each.

two questions, 1. do you think the change will make the ring have substantially more presence? to be worth the cost of a change?

2. can i have votes on who like pear three stone better vs. pear middle with baguette sides? i do actually like the ring now too, and don't want to change it if what i have now is a nicer style?

3. if i make this change, i think i like leon mege. style form pictures, with claw prongs and a thin band- a more delicate look. but it seems like he is expensive. i think i should contact brian gavin diamonds, though his three stones are gorgeous but the setting is typically a little more beefy than what i like. anyone else i should contact? i will need the side pears, an eye for a good proportion, and affordable cost and pleasant to work with. i could also contact idj or eternity diamonds, who i know have good price points, but i haven't seen any of these types of three stone pieces done by them.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want Leon Mege to do it, maybe you should consider asking IDJ how much you would get for your stone and do a trade in to upgrade. A setting by Leon plus larger side stones would probably not be cheap. What is your budget?

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
Second IDJ :) for cost while remaining quality.

Possibly maybe this boils down to personal choice. A pear with baguettes looks quite stunning! Of course, a pear with other side stones would also look remarkably beautiful. While going through my setting drama, I considered baguettes. I read they did not have quite the "flash" as other cuts had. But still gorgeous in their own right. Always a fav of mine. Opted for more flash.

Maybe post pics of your current ring and one with three stones (different, brilliant cut) and create a poll? I have never personally owned baguetts, but do you know from reading that they just don't quite have the same sparkle output (?). Hard to keep clean to shine (?). BUT, they are beauties! Love step cut.

More presence? Maybe brilliant cut sides? A 1 ct pear is a great size. Now I guess it's just a matter of showing it off in the way that you wish? Maybe more people can chime in with advice. Try a poll with pics?

Best of luck...I'm following this topic :)

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
My gut says .40 or .50 brilliant cut sides would add the bang you desire. But get opinions from several....

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Hello! I love a pear with side baguettes but if you want to feel a bigger presence on your finger I adore a three pear even a three pear with halo... I've attached two pics. I think there is something timeless about a pear trilogy. Good luck!

_1135.jpeg

_1136.jpeg

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, both looks Laurenk posted are poppy!! Can't go wrong. Very beautiful & very different. This is where personal taste will kick in. :) A halo will absolutely make your stone have the "wow factor". It is crazy how much larger a diamond looks on a halo!!

To me:
Look A) crisp and clean. Simple elegance. Can appreciate the diamonds for their stand alone beauty. Smooth.

Look B) Will give your pear a totally new look for you. Bit antique. Very in style right now. Your pear at 1ct is plenty large to carry a halo, IMO. Personally, I would only halo the center pear. Keep the other two pears solitary and a plain shank. Looks less antique. BUT, all what you like. :) . Not sure of the cost differences for larger side stones vs somewhat smaller with a halo.

This is exciting! What are you thinking Ringsearching?

ringsearching

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone ao far for the comments and encouragement! I really appreciate the pictires lauren k. While both are very nice, the non haloed is what i had in mind as i think it may be more classic. I like the aide oears being on the larger side like that. I dont know if this is a pretty easy classic setting that i can do anywhere, or if i shpuld pay more for a place that does three stones with pear sides a lot. I like the baisc idea of your picture, but with the prongs as claws and daintier and oossibly the shank thinner an dainteir as well.
I wonder if there is a way to do micropave on the prongs or if that would just be overdone and weird. Never saw it on a three aorne before.
I want the side atones to match well and be very oretty but not whiter or aparklier than the mains stone- which i own already. So i may not need brian gavin's most special stones- but i do want someone who has a good eye to pick mayching pears for me. Does anyone know if is could do that? I know brian gavin could. White flash won't work with me because i dont have the oroginal paperwork for my center stone. Does anyone know of david klass os moderate price range? Leon merge i thibk would eb widnerful with this style, but i woudl assume too pricey. Anyone else i should email for a quote? Or any other pictures? I havent figured out how to attach pictures.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The most bang for your buck, in my opinion, would be around à la Titanic ring

article-2231949-15fdc358000005dc-328_306x263.jpg

jot_three_diamond_rind_3.jpg

ringsearching

Rough_Rock
Thank you neil. That is beautiful, but may be too unusual for me. Have to think about it. Lljsmom, my budget is in the 2500 to 4000 range. If i spend less i may also get a small semi eternity ring for my roght hand.If not ill have to wait for another occasion for that.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Garry H (Cut Nut)|1450665390|3964089 said:
heart shapes either side tucked under so they look like a cross between pear shape and trillians work best for me
I am a fan of that look, too

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No pave on the prongs. That would be a headache. I love side baguettes but side pears would be nice, too, if you really want to put the money into it. I'd say David Klass is your best bet for getting this done at a reasonable cost. I think the length of pears is going to give more finger coverage with a 1 ct center than side hearts, personally.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Garry H (Cut Nut)|1450666041|3964095 said:
Niel|1450665753|3964090 said:
Garry H (Cut Nut)|1450665390|3964089 said:
heart shapes either side tucked under so they look like a cross between pear shape and trillians work best for me
I am a fan of that look, too
Here's my example, center heart

_35704.jpg

ringsearching

Rough_Rock
Interesting. I never thought of hearts. They are pretty. The pears may be blingier though. Decisions are hard! How is david klass pricing and skill lokely to compare to bgd, leon mege, idj, or any others? Or i wonder if i should also consider a local jeweler?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ringsearching|1450666696|3964099 said:
Interesting. I never thought of hearts. They are pretty. The pears may be blingier though. Decisions are hard! How is david klass pricing and skill lokely to compare to bgd, leon mege, idj, or any others? Or i wonder if i should also consider a local jeweler?

Why do you think they would be blingier? I'm not saying you're wrong I am just not sure why pears seem blingier

David is significantly cheaper than some of the people you mentioned. I have never had him pick my stones, however

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think with pear and marqusie part of the attraction is running down the length of a finger.
Pear shoulders form a cross which defeats the design line

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

David Klass will be a fraction of people like Leon. Will be less than BG. I have seen a lot more of his custom work than idj, so I would choose him over them for this particular project. You can look at his work on fb under David Klass Jewelry and there are many threads here with his work.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-us-your-david-klass-bling.196654/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-us-your-david-klass-bling.196654/[/URL]

Just out of curiosity, what is the budget you are thinking for this ring?

ringsearching

Rough_Rock
2500-4000. prefer on the lower end of course, so I have money left for a semi eternity- or savings toward one.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a fan of baguettes as they are classic and not fussy, easier to match and won't compete with your center stone.

Q

Queenie60

If you want "pop" or more finger coverage - I would suggest a halo? All other suggestions are nice as well. :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ringsearching|1450669575|3964122 said:
2500-4000. prefer on the lower end of course, so I have money left for a semi eternity- or savings toward one.

I think you can stay at the low end with David Klass or BG.

If you get a chance, take and post a picture of the ring on your finger as it is now so we can picture how the ring would change with pear sides. When I see rings with round stones with pear sides, I generally like it best with center stones larger than 2 cts, and then the sides are small and follow the curve of your finger. When the center is smaller, the side stones tend to sit more flat on top of the finger, and I don't like that as well. But it would help to see the size of the pear on your finger and how the current baguettes sit.

ringsearching

Rough_Rock
My phone storage is used up but i will clear it after work and take a picture. Now im thinking i do also like how it is and also maybe also to look into teillions- but pears i think would be maybe more elegant? My main pair is a 1 ct, which faces up a bit more like a 1.3 rb. It isnt 2 ct, but if i did oear sides i would sefinately angle them more than the picture above for a daintier look.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results