shape
carat
color
clarity

1 carat Diamond Earrings with La Pousette Backs

JDAZ

Rough_Rock
I recently purchased a pair of 1 carat diamond stud earrings 14kt gold.
They came with screw backs and I didn't like them so I had Jared switch the backs out to a La Pousette backs.
Anyways since I picked them up on Monday I have worn them ever since and my ears have been irritated.
They feel itchy and sore, I took the earrings out and felt my ear lobes and noticed they had a ball type feeling in them like swollen I guess.
Before I wore the 1 carat earrings I had 1/5 size diamonds on.
They never irritated my ears I also noticed the posts on them are thinner then the 1 carats.
I had la Pousette backs 3 years ago and had no issues with my ears.
I called Jared and complained about this and the store manager doesn't understand why they would be doing this she told me that the sonic cleaning solution or whatever could still be on them and that she would like to steam clean them a lot better.
I am worried this won't solve the issue.
Is it possible that wearing the bigger size diamonds because their heavier could irritate my ears like that?
Or is it because the posts are thicker?
I asked if they made different thickness posts and she said the la Pousettes are all the same thickness.
What would you do?

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'd find out what material the La Pousette backs are made of--I've never had a metal allergy, but have heard of people having allergic reactions to nickel, for instance.

Find out what the posts & the rest of the earring setting is make out of--essentially anything that comes contact with your ear. & then you can go from there eliminating what you already know you have tolerance for. Good luck!

LondonGal

Rough_Rock
My ears have been pierced nearly 40 years and I still get irritation when I change earrings around.

I can never tell when I'll be struck or from whatever I'm wearing - it's just a totally random thing for me, though in general, the bigger the posts the bigger the irritation.

How much bigger are the new posts? Can you swab your lobes with alcohol before putting them in? I find that to be the most helpful single thing I can do.

I've got to the point where I now just swab, grin and bear it, but I have noticed that using the same earrings day in, day out (removing overnight), the irritation eventually goes away (only to return if I change them!). I hope you find out why this happens and that it's not your new earrings.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have a nickel allergy? I used to be able to wear white gold earrings but developed an allergy somewhere allow the way. After I had pricey earrings settings custom designed :(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results