shape
carat
color
clarity

1.98 Old European Cut Double Claw Prong Solitaire

rubywild

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone! :wavey: First time poster, long time lurker! My boyfriend proposed to me last month with this gorgeous engagement ring from Love Affair Diamonds and I thought I would share it here. Here are the specs:

1.98 Carats, M, VS1
7.81 - 7.96 x 5.18 mm
Depth 65.5%
Table 43.9%

The double claw prong solitaire is from Stuller. Love how it all turned out and it's so beautiful in person! Hope you don't mind, but I added pictures of the ring with different stacking bands. Which way would you wear it?
IMG_0267.JPG

IMG_0271.JPG

IMG_0263.JPG

IMG_0266.JPG

IMG_0264.JPG

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those double claws are delicious! I love that choice :clap:

As for the bands, I don't like the criss-cross with it; it detracts from the e-ring vs. enhancing it. I'd stick with either the single band or the two diamond bands.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow! look at that faceting and those prongs are TDF! Good work fiance! Nailed it - was it a surprise or did you and he choose it together?
I might disagree with ILikeShiny - I think the criss-cross band frames it quite nicely - the solitaire nestles into the V of the cross.

Q

Queenie60

Beautiful stone and ring. Congratulations to you!

JoJa12345

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I would wear the bands all different ways on all different days ~ go with whatever you're feeling that day! Beautiful ring, really fits your hand perfectly and I love the setting ~ I'm usually a 6 prong girl but I love the double prongs with the 4.
Is it my eyes or is it a really white looking M?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! :love: I saw where Erica posted it and hoped we'd see it here! I think I'd like just a single straight diamond band or perhaps the twisted band in the middle. But the criss cross looks too modern with it to me, and I'd like the criss cross band better as a stand alone ring.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats! I saw this on IG - it's gorgeous!
I tend to march to the beat of a different drum, so I rather like the cross cross ring and your solitaire.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's soooo white, I love the criss cross band too. Wear it in good health and happiness.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Beautiful facet pattern & seriously an M?? Wow! It's so bright - what a lovely character!

I think however you wear it, it will look beautiful. I like the crisss cross band too, though.

P

PierreBear

Congrats! Love your setting choice and the delicate band. I agree that the criss cross band is lovely though perhaps can be worn on another hand to not take away from the delicate ER? Enjoy it for years to come!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats on the engagement and your beautiful ring! I think one or two straight bands work better with your ring. The criss-cross band would make a great right-hand ring though!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous and congrats on your engagement!! I think all of your bands are pretty and you should switch it up based on your day-to-day mood! :appl::love:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous ring. The criss-cross makes it so different and edgy. Love the look.

rubywild

Rough_Rock
Those double claws are delicious! I love that choice :clap:

As for the bands, I don't like the criss-cross with it; it detracts from the e-ring vs. enhancing it. I'd stick with either the single band or the two diamond bands.

Thank you, ILikeShiny! I am obsessed with claw prong anything!

rubywild

Rough_Rock
Oh wow! look at that faceting and those prongs are TDF! Good work fiance! Nailed it - was it a surprise or did you and he choose it together?
I might disagree with ILikeShiny - I think the criss-cross band frames it quite nicely - the solitaire nestles into the V of the cross.

Ahhh! A fellow pug lover! I have two pugs myself and I love them to pieces!!

I sent my boyfriend a link to this diamond and showed him a picture of a double claw prong ring I liked and that was it. He wanted the rest to be a surprise. Thank you for you kind words about my rings!

rubywild

Rough_Rock
Oh YAYYYYY! I've held off posting the ring to my IG so as not to spoil the surprise - it looks beautiful on you! Actually I really love it with the criss cross ring - very unique and eclectic - I'm so happy you love it!!! Congratulations to you both!

Thank you so much!! I love my ring and the diamond is so gorgeous!! My boyfriend knows me well, he knew I'd be checking your instagram obsessively to see if you posted a picture before I received the ring! :D

rubywild

Rough_Rock
I would wear the bands all different ways on all different days ~ go with whatever you're feeling that day! Beautiful ring, really fits your hand perfectly and I love the setting ~ I'm usually a 6 prong girl but I love the double prongs with the 4.
Is it my eyes or is it a really white looking M?

Hi, thank you! I definitely think it's a really white looking M! Very rarely do I see any yellow! I'm with you, I think I'll change up the bands depending on the day or mood! :)

rubywild

Rough_Rock
Beautiful ring! :love: I saw where Erica posted it and hoped we'd see it here! I think I'd like just a single straight diamond band or perhaps the twisted band in the middle. But the criss cross looks too modern with it to me, and I'd like the criss cross band better as a stand alone ring.

Thank you! The criss cross ring does look good on all on its own too!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just love your solitaire and I do also love it with the twisted band. It is lovely and timeless with the plain diamond band. Gorgeous!! Beautiful faceting on your stone too.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond and ring, looks so pretty on your hand! You must be thrilled, congrats and enjoy it! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results