shape
carat
color
clarity

1.97 versus 2.0 carat???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

greta2002

Rough_Rock
I have been searching for a 2 carat stone. I found a 1.97 ct G VVS2 that is approximately the same price as the 2 carat G VS1 stones I have seen. Should I be willing to pay the same price for a stone that is under 2.0 carats, even if it is VVS? This is the stone:

1.97 G VVS2 61% 58% GIA tn-sltk no ex ex no 8.06-8.10x4.93

Thank you very much!!!

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
You are the only one that can answer your question :)

I myself could care less if it weighed 1.97 or 2 carat. How do you feel about it?

greta2002

Rough_Rock
Thanks Steve. I am not an expert and cannot really tell the difference between cuts. I do; however, have quite a sharp eye for inclusions, but this does not seem to be a factor for me at clarity gradings of VS1 or better. So, I guess that I am back to square one.

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I was assuming you liked both diamonds. I know you have a difficult decision, I have seen it before.

Why not just choose the one that is more attractive to your eye? Sounds like a good way to select one of the two.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results