shape
carat
color
clarity

1.94 sapphire pictures by me in natural lighting!

Adamo13

Rough_Rock
Hey guys so the sapphire is in! The color is beautiful! The only thing is the darkness, it's not dark on the white backing and in natural lighting. My only worry is how dark it'll get when it's set like others had said in my other post. Anyways here are some pics, let me know what you guys think compared to the pictures from the site!
IMG_20191212_092008.jpg IMG_20191212_092427.jpg IMG_20191212_092016.jpg

voce

Ideal_Rock
See if your fiancée loves the sapphire? Hand shots give a better indication of how it would look after setting.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Carefully wrap a bit of foil to mock a setting, and set on back of hand?
And do you\your intended like it in various other lighting environments?

Adamo13

Rough_Rock
See if your fiancée loves the sapphire? Hand shots give a better indication of how it would look after setting.

My fiancee is actually much less picky than me lol. She would love almost anything I would give her I think. Also on a side note, taking pictures of stones is really hard! I'll keep it on me and keep looking in different lighting cause in this office with the daylight it's often bright.
IMG_20191212_100745.jpg IMG_20191212_100514.jpg

Adamo13

Rough_Rock
Carefully wrap a bit of foil to mock a setting, and set on back of hand?
And do you\your intended like it in various other lighting environments?

Thank you will definitely try that!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I were you, I'd be checking out its appearance in low light and fluorescent lighting, along with the foil test. If you like it in these lightings, then you may have found your stone.

As a quick aside, in the future, please consider just one thread for a stone search - that way its easier for others to follow.

Adamo13

Rough_Rock
If I were you, I'd be checking out its appearance in low light and fluorescent lighting, along with the foil test. If you like it in these lightings, then you may have found your stone.

As a quick aside, in the future, please consider just one thread for a stone search - that way its easier for others to follow.

Thank you yes I'll definitely try low lighting and fluorescent, good suggestions!
Oh yes sorry ya I hadn't thought of that. Ok yes true that would have been better to have it all in one post.

Adamo13

Rough_Rock
Update!

Ok I don't know if I just have a good eye but I can see two 'inclusions' one is more noticeable from the back side, like little bubbles and one is another white line like I had mentioned in the last stone I was looking at, this one is less noticeable though. My question is what is 'eye clean'? By who's eyes exactly? Lol. The stone was labeled VSI, eye clean except under 10x magnification. Im just curious if this inclusions that aren't very visible have an impact on the value of the stone?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sapphires are classed as type II stones. Meaning you'll see some inclusions with the naked eye. using diamond typing for colored stones makes little sense to me, and is in fact not really the right thing to do. But, its what people know so what do you do right?

PieAreSquared

Shiny_Rock
Update!

Ok I don't know if I just have a good eye but I can see two 'inclusions' one is more noticeable from the back side, like little bubbles and one is another white line like I had mentioned in the last stone I was looking at, this one is less noticeable though. My question is what is 'eye clean'? By who's eyes exactly? Lol. The stone was labeled VSI, eye clean except under 10x magnification. Im just curious if this inclusions that aren't very visible have an impact on the value of the stone?

I have read somewhere that for colored stones, "eye clean" is no visible inclusions from the top view, or face up, the way the stone will be set.
It is also judged from the distance of your eye to the top of a table when you are seated. For me, that's about 12 inches away, maybe 10 or 11 for other people. Eye clean doesn't mean: 'hold it an inch from your eye and see what you can see'.

So if the inclusions you see are only noticeable from the back, I think that still qualifies as eye clean.
10x magnification isn't the same as "eye" clean, because it is under 10x magnification! :lol:

It looks pretty to me, FWIW, the worst a sapphire will look is usually under old-fashioned incandescent light bulbs...

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
My fiancee is actually much less picky than me lol. She would love almost anything I would give her I think. Also on a side note, taking pictures of stones is really hard! I'll keep it on me and keep looking in different lighting cause in this office with the daylight it's often bright.
IMG_20191212_100745.jpg IMG_20191212_100514.jpg

Has she indicated that she would like a blue sapphire? Not sure if you mentioned it before. Multiple threads so is quite hard to track.

I know enough women who disliked their engagement rings which is why am asking.

Just in case she wanted a diamond ring...
Just in case she only wears a particular gold color...
Just in case she prefers a different ring design...
Just in case she likes a lighter/darker shade of blue...

Adamo13

Rough_Rock
I have read somewhere that for colored stones, "eye clean" is no visible inclusions from the top view, or face up, the way the stone will be set.
It is also judged from the distance of your eye to the top of a table when you are seated. For me, that's about 12 inches away, maybe 10 or 11 for other people. Eye clean doesn't mean: 'hold it an inch from your eye and see what you can see'.

So if the inclusions you see are only noticeable from the back, I think that still qualifies as eye clean.
10x magnification isn't the same as "eye" clean, because it is under 10x magnification! :lol:

It looks pretty to me, FWIW, the worst a sapphire will look is usually under old-fashioned incandescent light bulbs...

Haha ok thank you! I get it, the way I interpreted it was not visible to the human eye without magnification. But like others have said for colored stones I guess it's not as important compared to other traits anyways. It is very pretty, as long as it doesn't get to dark it's good, the blue is beautiful. If I think of anywhere with that lighting I'll try and take a look to see. So far I think it's not too bad in most lighting, maybe just a touch darker than I had wanted in my head but it's still very nice!

Adamo13

Rough_Rock
Has she indicated that she would like a blue sapphire? Not sure if you mentioned it before. Multiple threads so is quite hard to track.

I know enough women who disliked their engagement rings which is why am asking.

Just in case she wanted a diamond ring...
Just in case she only wears a particular gold color...
Just in case she prefers a different ring design...
Just in case she likes a lighter/darker shade of blue...

Hey ya sorry about the different threads. At first I didn't realize I should have kept the first one, and then the other day I posted here and I didn't get replies for the whole day so I figured maybe no one was looking at this one anymore.

But for the sapphire, yes she does want a blue sapphire I'm sure of that, I bought her a cheaper engagement ring last year to propose and figured I'd buy a gem since I would be buying and engagement ring later on. But then she fell in love with the sapphire and told me she wanted that, and wanted white gold. The style Im guessing some little things but for the overall I think she'll love it, she's actually not very picky for that stuff. Even the first stone with the bigger inclusion she would have actually liked it. I showed her a picture afterwards and she said it didn't bother her, but I still didn't want to take the risk that it would bother her down the line or bother me lol. I think I'm much pickier than her for the stone. And at the same time it's a significant amount of money so I do want to make sure I'm getting what I pay for and there isn't a lot better I can be getting for her at the same price. But of course the main thing is that she's happy with it, and I'm pretty sure she will be!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Off topic but @PieAreSquared Every time I see your name I think " cornbread r square, Pie R round" :lol:

PieAreSquared

Shiny_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results