shape
carat
color
clarity

1.89ct. K Si1/SI2 OEC in plat. octagonal bezel mount

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I read this, my jaw hit the floor and I was like, "NOOOOOO!!!! Don't sell it!!!" ...I'm such a sucker. :oops: :)) :lol:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
DD, good one!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Do know though that I was thinking about how I could buy it for that price!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well this was a fun April Fools and I think my best prank yet! Thanks everyone for being such great sports.

I'm going to ask Ella to lock this now so no one else is fooled AFTER the intended day!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1396385377|3645307 said:
:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Happy April Fool's Day!!

Too many smarty pants partie poopers around here! I should have asked $15k, then TGal would have believed me!! :devil:

I would have believed you if you asked for 20k! :cheeky:

k_darling

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hah. You would have had PS'ers knocking each other over to get to the bank had you been serious.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1396375311|3645162 said:
I only say April Fool's because the price is good. Dreamer would be selling for a big profit. ;))

lol, that is what I was thinking too. and no link to DB

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the entirety of the contents of the email I was just about to send you:

HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND!?!?!?

OMG. Thank goodness!!! :nono: :bigsmile:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
:lol:

;))

bluelotus

Shiny_Rock
Hi Dreamer,
I've read many of your postings on what to look for in cuts and learned much from your quest to find the perfect (for you) stone.

I wonder if you've noticed that George has an older brother (or sister?):
http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/loose-diamonds/2-25ct-transitional-early-round-brilliant-cut-diamond-gia-k-vvs2.html#.U0C0rPldUZg

I wish I had a little extra cash floating around right now as this one is a rare beauty! I wonder how close the proportions are to George. Fascinating to think that they could be from the same cutter. . .

By the way, George's octagonal frame setting was the inspiration for my own ring design. The design is not there yet but here is a rendering of the design so far:

_16624.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a very pretty late transitional stone Bluelotus! It is actually quite different than George, though I can see why you would think they are of the same ilk. The JbG stone has a 62% depth and 56% table with 70% lower halves, for example, whereas George has a 60% depth, 50% table, and around 65% lower halves... small little things do add up! Very pretty though, and a nice price to boot! I look forward to seeing your ring when its done!

bluelotus

Shiny_Rock
Very interesting. . . well, at least George appears to have a first cousin. Having read bits of Gilbertson's book on the American Cut it would appear that there is no tidy linear continuum on cut proportion changes and that there was much variation in "make" being produced simultaneously. I wonder if different makes were associated with specific cutting shops. In any event, what struck me most was the prominent presence of the arrows and the larger table. I guess I hadn't realized that George's table was on the smaller side. . . I haven't gotten any specifics on my stone in terms of angles, and lgfs and would be curious to know how to date it. It was purchased from a presumably original Edwardian setting and was estimated to be from around 1910. Table on mine is 45% and depth 66.6%.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
And here's me trying to figure out a way to come up with 8k...

If anyone could find a 'better one', it would be you Dreamer :bigsmile:

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
bluelotus|1396751247|3648183 said:
Hi Dreamer,
I've read many of your postings on what to look for in cuts and learned much from your quest to find the perfect (for you) stone.

I wonder if you've noticed that George has an older brother (or sister?):
http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/loose-diamonds/2-25ct-transitional-early-round-brilliant-cut-diamond-gia-k-vvs2.html#.U0C0rPldUZg

I wish I had a little extra cash floating around right now as this one is a rare beauty! I wonder how close the proportions are to George. Fascinating to think that they could be from the same cutter. . .

By the way, George's octagonal frame setting was the inspiration for my own ring design. The design is not there yet but here is a rendering of the design so far:

I saw that diamond too! I absolutely adore the cut on this stone. If I wasn't working on something else, I would have bought it already. Not sure I've seen a face up image that I covet more. But I recently unset my engagement ring diamonds and need the money to reset them. I hope some PS'er ends up with this transitional so we can see the result. Love, love! :$$):

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results