shape
carat
color
clarity

1.85premium cut E VS2 or 1.75Excellent Ideal Cut H SI2?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nikol333

Rough_Rock
My fiance and I just bought a diamond that is 1.85c color E, and SI2....we took this one over a 1.75c(even though it looks bigger than the 1.85) H excellent ideal because of color....both are GIA cert. I''m starting to think that we should have taken the better cut diamond....we paid around $11,300 and the H was a few hundred less. Did we make the right decision? I can''t stop thinking about it.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm myself personally? I'd have taken the bigger looking excellent cut H SI. If it looked bigger than the 1.85..that means the cut on the 1.85 is not up to par..and to buy just because of color IMO isn't the right way to go. Could you have waited for something slightly more in your specs AND great cut?

If you are second guessing your decision, you may want to take a 2nd look at it. I say this because if you are unsure about what you have bought already, it only gets worse!! Unsure feelings don't always go away and if you want this to be THE one and only stone, make sure it's the right one.

I would go and check them both out again. To be honest, the color doesn't faze me...I have a very white H colored Regent and I have seen E vs G colored loose stones side by side and didn't see one whit of color difference. But if you are sensitive to color...then I'd try to find something that can please you in terms of cut AND color. Clarity can be SI.
2.gif

Good luck!! Whatever you decide.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results