shape
carat
color
clarity

1.8 to 2.0 ct, Help me narrow down the 6 options please

Julyisjuly

Shiny_Rock
Both stones look very clean to me. I'd choose the larger one, 1.94. I can see the size difference. They will both be great in terms of fire and sparkle.
You are right, I can tell the difference as well! Maybe in real life, the difference may be not as noticeable as in the video.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I totally agree with you, if there is nothing sketchy going on with this 2.06 ct, it would be a much better option. $3000 cheaper and exceeds 2ct. mark!!

However, I told the website "I am really interested in this rock, but how to make any decision without any real pictures, is there anything you can help me? " Instead of answering me correctly, they let me check another option: https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/heirloom/round/search#diamond=R208-5425Z640Z

I'm not convinced anything "sketchy" is going on necessarily. Getting limited data is pretty typical when buying from a virtual inventory dealer. It's just sort of the nature of the beast so to speak.

It's one of the reasons I love WF so much. They have their stones in-stock. They are true H&A and you are guaranteed an IDEAL cut each time. Additionally you have all the images and videos you need to make a solid educated decision.

The stone they offered you as an "equal" isn't the same to me. The crown is pushing the upper limits at 35.5. If you go that high on the crown, you want to offset with a shallow pavilion of 40.6. This particular stone has a pavilion of 40.8, which may seem close but in reality makes the angles much less complimentary than the 34.5/40.8 combo we raved about earlier. Additionally the depth of this stone is pushing the limits at 62.3. Looking further at the pictures of the stone, the arrows appear fairly skinny as well. You probably don't realize it but with GIA a reported 75 LGF can mean 73-77. The smaller the number, the fatter the arrow and consequently the larger the number the skinnier the arrow. Because GIA rounds and averages values in a funky way I think you may have some values over 77 but can't prove that without a SARIN report.

Julyisjuly

Shiny_Rock
I'm not convinced anything "sketchy" is going on necessarily. Getting limited data is pretty typical when buying from a virtual inventory dealer. It's just sort of the nature of the beast so to speak.

It's one of the reasons I love WF so much. They have their stones in-stock. They are true H&A and you are guaranteed an IDEAL cut each time. Additionally you have all the images and videos you need to make a solid educated decision.

The stone they offered you as an "equal" isn't the same to me. The crown is pushing the upper limits at 35.5. If you go that high on the crown, you want to offset with a shallow pavilion of 40.6. This particular stone has a pavilion of 40.8, which may seem close but in reality makes the angles much less complimentary than the 34.5/40.8 combo we raved about earlier. Additionally the depth of this stone is pushing the limits at 62.3. Looking further at the pictures of the stone, the arrows appear fairly skinny as well. You probably don't realize it but with GIA a reported 75 LGF can mean 73-77. The smaller the number, the fatter the arrow and consequently the larger the number the skinnier the arrow. Because GIA rounds and averages values in a funky way I think you may have some values over 77 but can't prove that without a SARIN report.

Agree, the 35.5 crown is not ideal.
Btw, what do you think about the video that WF posted for the comparison of the two WF stones?

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those two Whiteflash stones would make a great pair of earrings. That said, I would choose the larger (diameter) stone. I cannot see inclusions closer than 10 inches (well, I1 inclusions... maybe). The 1.94 reaches 8 mm, which is a 2ct spread. You can stave off the upgrade for awhile longer :whistle:

Julyisjuly

Shiny_Rock
OMG!!! I am about to cry!!!! Yesterday I was waiting for Enchanted to confirm their return policy, in order to get comfortable to grab both stones and see them in person side-by-side.
They never respond. A min ago, I followed up with them....and guess what?!
BOTH ARE GONE--SOLD!
The 1.94 one from WF as well as this 2.06 from Enchanted.

The game is so competitive! OMG.....

Thank you so guys so much for helping me screening, however i did not act fast enough(waiting for Enchated's reply) and i screwed up. All the effort and great inputs you guys provided were wasted. And i believe they both are good options, especially the one from WF(since we able to see picture/video).
I regard so much.

Given Enchanted is not as well-recognized as WF, I don't feel comfortable to place order before they confirm their return policy, although it was said on website 30 days returnable.

Holiday season is a crazy season to buy. I don't know whether the price is bumped up as well during holiday season. Otherwise, I may wait a bit. Sad face with tears :blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye:

Julyisjuly

Shiny_Rock
I like the 1.94 also. Great proportions and excellent ASET.
Hi guys, I just saw the the 1.941ct from Whiteflast is back in stock again, what's going on here? Looks like ppl return within 30 days.....What's going on? Shall i take it? Thanks for your inputs.

Julyisjuly

Shiny_Rock
I'll take the 1.94ct G VS2. A well cut stone in this weight doesn't grow on trees. ;))
Both stones look very clean to me. I'd choose the larger one, 1.94. I can see the size difference. They will both be great in terms of fire and sparkle.
Those two Whiteflash stones would make a great pair of earrings. That said, I would choose the larger (diameter) stone. I cannot see inclusions closer than 10 inches (well, I1 inclusions... maybe). The 1.94 reaches 8 mm, which is a 2ct spread. You can stave off the upgrade for awhile longer :whistle:
Another vote for the 1.94ct. It's a unicorn because of it's weight and being super ideal and the proportions are just lovely! :love: :love:

Please pull the trigger already, lol. ;)2
I like the 1.94 too. It hits the 8mm mark. For me however, I* would probably go with the 1.876 because I dont think I* would see enough size difference
to make it worth paying the extra $1500 but if the money isnt a big deal go for the 8mm 1.94.
Hi guys, I just saw the the 1.941ct from Whiteflast is back in stock again, what's going on here? Looks like ppl return within 30 days.....What's going on? Shall i take it? Thanks for your inputs.

crbl999

Brilliant_Rock

Amazing proportions! Just under 2 ct and with exceptional cut. That stone will not last long. Not sure what is going on but you should ask WF about it.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't see anything wrong with stone.
scratchhead.gif
G VS2 is a nice combo.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YES! Put it on hold immediately before it is taken again! Stones in the 1.9 range are very desirable because there is a price jump at 2 cts! I'd reserve it online now!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results