shape
carat
color
clarity

1.8 carot GIA certified princess cut diamond - pls help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ericashton

Rough_Rock
I have been researching and looking to purchase an engagement for a few months and I came across this diamond. Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Shape: Princess

Carot Weight: 1.8

Color: I

Clarity: SI2

Cut: Very Good

Grading Report: GIA

Measurements: 6.88x 8.85 x 4.68

Table: 73%

Depth: 68.3%

Polish: Very Good

Symmetry: Good

Girdle: Thin-Thick

Fluorescence: Slight

Cutlet: None

Thanks,

Eric

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
it''s quite rectangular.

ericashton

Rough_Rock
my mistake...the correct measurements are 6.88 x 6.85 x 4.68

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hard to say.

ericashton

Rough_Rock
depends on....?

anyone else, please.

Thanks,
eric

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I think you will need information for anyone to give an opinion. It's a princess cut, but crown and pavillion heights/angles might help. Do you have any other information like idealscope images or any other pics of the stone? Do you know where the inclusion(s) is/are? Have you actually seen the stone in real life? You might want to compare the numbers that you have or will get to what you find for an "ideal" princess graded by AGS standards, for example the one HERE.

Probably it's going to be difficult to say based on numbers alone how well this stone will perform, especially with the limited information you have.

ETA: The correct spelling is "caret" not "carot." It's a common typing error because the terms sound similar.
1.gif

rensallar

Rough_Rock
It''s very hard to judge a princess cut based on paper specs..

I''m no expert, but I''ve looked at 70-100 stones over the past couple months while shopping for one. I thought I found a perfect one.. 1.7ct, Internally flawless, E color, 70% table, 70% depth, VG polish/symmetry, but when I saw it in person (ordered online), it just didn''t have the "life" that I thought it would.

I took it with me to compare with many other stones in B&M stores, and eventually found one that didn''t sound as perfect on paper, but I really loved the stone. So that''s the one I went with.

It seems that with princess cuts, since the light reflectiveness / properties at various angles are still being studied you really can''t judge the stone until you see it for yourself, or are talking to someone who''s looking at it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results