shape
carat
color
clarity

1.8 carat round in plain setting - what type of band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Carats

Shiny_Rock
I have a 1.8 RB in a solitaire setting - what are some examples of bands that look pretty? I''m debating between the thin pave type and the type with large round stones. Any suggestions?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
It would help if you posted a pic of your solitaire.
1.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
All kinds of bands can look pretty. It''s in the eye of the beholder. I would personally go to a jewelry store with your solitaire and try on everything you can get your hands on to see what YOU like best.

Carats

Shiny_Rock
Okay, I def try to take a pic and post it. Its pretty standard looking lol....

The problem is I just can''t decide whether I like the thin band look or the thick eternity band (like the one posted in this forum that is 3 carats with diamonds all throughout). Do you think it detracts from the stone of the engagement ring? At the same time, I love tacori and don''t know if it would be worth it to eventually reset it as a tacori? But then if you go with tacori, you really have to do a tacori wedding band and I''m not sure how I feel about them.

So confused
5.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think that trying stuff on is really key here. You may love the look of something in a picture, but not on your hand, and best to know that before going ahead and putting money down on a setting or band.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I have a simple 2 ct Tiffany knife edge setting(from excel). I''m pairing it with a baguette band. Here''s an example I''m posting. I''ve also worn it with two simple white gold bands, which if you click on my posts you''ll find a picture of it somewhere. The baguette band with my solitaire is way too big on me, so I''m having a custom one made right now and selling off this one but it''s the only picture I have to show you how they''ll look together. I like the different shape band with the rb.

ring a ding ding 001.JPE.jpg

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
MakeMePretty! That is GORGEOUS! I LOOOVE IT! I''d love to see that combo in person!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a 1.7 round in a w-prong from whiteflash. I wear it with a 5 stone 1 carat band and a 2.31 ct eternity band from Facets. It totally depends on the look you
want. Do you like a more delicate look or more blingy. I would suggest you go and try on different bands and when one (or two) really take your breath away, thats the look you go with!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
There are so many gorgeous bands I would go to your local store and try some on. I have seen some gorgeous bezel eternity bands lately.
35.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2009 11:54:08 AM
Author: Ellen
It would help if you posted a pic of your solitaire.
1.gif
Great minds think alike..........

trishy

Shiny_Rock
try on as many possible. have you seen the tiffany jazz bands? those also look amazing with the solitaires.
also, please post a pic of the solitaire

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2009 9:56:26 PM
Author: trishy
try on as many possible. have you seen the tiffany jazz bands? those also look amazing with the solitaires.
also, please post a pic of the solitaire
I''d have to agree!!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/31/2009 12:33:34 PM
Author: neatfreak
All kinds of bands can look pretty. It''s in the eye of the beholder. I would personally go to a jewelry store with your solitaire and try on everything you can get your hands on to see what YOU like best.
As usual, Neat''s got great advice! I also have a solitaire e-ring and I always thought I''d want an eternity wedding band. FI was okay with me picking whatever I wanted, but funny thing is that what I liked best was a plain wg band so that''s what I ended up getting. Moral of the story: you just never know what will be most pleasing to your eyes until you''ve tried a few different styles on. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto to what neatfreak said. That is what I would do too.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I first had a Memoire band with 10 point stones, but then I got the Tiffany Legacy band which I just love. I wear it all the time now. It looks like a thin row of sparkle and the milgrain softens the edges. I also recently tried an eternity ring with 15 pointers, and it was just too thick (too high off the finger surface) to wear with the e-ring. My e-ring diamond is 7.6mm. My honest opinion is that the smaller stones on the wedding band compliments the e-ring stone the most, whereas a blingy wedding band competes. But I guess it depends on the overall look that you''re after.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 8:27:50 PM
Author: marcyc

Ditto to what neatfreak said. That is what I would do too.
Yup yup.

I actually don''t like the bezeled-rounds (jazz) bands with solitaires as much as others seem to. I prefer them with antiquey settings, but that''s obviously influenced by the fact that that''s what I''m used to seeing on my hand every day
3.gif
So that just goes to show you that everyone''s idea of what looks nice is different.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results