shape
carat
color
clarity

1.68 ct Tiffany Lucida on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eyesoftexas

Shiny_Rock
Always scanning ebay for deals and this one looks legit (I have nothing to do with this auction - I just love square stones). The owner emailed me pictures and the certs. The Lucida is 1.68ct VVS1-Hand the crown angles are at 38 degrees (All Lucidas have a 38 degree crown angle or Tiffanys wont use the diamond). Nice ring too bad I already bought mine because this one is bigger!!! I would estimate that this is about a $20K ring if bought new based on the $11k to $12k per carat Tiffanys uses on their Lucida line.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4101089767&category=11017

Chas_T

Rough_Rock
I am not intune with the price range of the ring.

However, my initial thoughts would be I am always skeptical/on guard of ebay with high ticket items for the following reasons with a potential purchase of this magnitude:

Seller:

"This ring has never been worn and was purchased new from Tiffany's in 2001."

Why would someone buy a ring of this magnitude and never wear it? The answer could be of course inpulse buy or if it's an engagement ring, his GF turned him down. Yet.......

Why would they wait 3 years to sell the ring?

Also, the seller has zero feedback or purchases and the amount is not a $100 dollar item. It's a very large purchase indeed. I would also question why they do not post photos, even if they are willing to send them if requested.

Perhaps I would consider this purchase if a creditable 3rd party appraiser/holder of the ring would act as a liason, but without that safety net, I'd proceed with ultimate caution.

Please understand I am not attempting to diffuse your potential purchase. I'd just be very, very pragmatic and cautious in my approach.

Much Luck,
Charles

eyesoftexas

Shiny_Rock
I am not looking to purchase but just out of curiosity the seller did email me some nice pictures and the certs. He also said he would do escrow. I do not beileive the never worn bit even by looking at the pictures it looks like it has been through some wear. I still think this is a cheap way to get a Lucida for those that do not want to pay the 20K normal entry price for this size ring.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, there is no way one could amass lots of Ebay feedback from selling expensive Tiffany jewelry second hand. Maybe a couple of items from someone's jewelry box, but hundreds of transactions are not likely. This coud well be legitimate. Escrow sounds nice and the intermediation of an appraiser or gem lab (in lieu of apraisal if the seller is not confident to choose an appraisar) even better. This second-time-around are rather tempting buys, I suppose.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 3/28/2004 2:05:32 'This ring has never been worn and was purchased new from Tiffany's in 2001.'

Why would someone buy a ring of this magnitude and never wear it? The answer could be of course inpulse buy or if it's an engagement ring, his GF turned him down. Yet.......

Why would they wait 3 years to sell the ring?

----------------

It happens. It is not ususual for people to wait to sell. Denial - too painful - number of reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results