shape
carat
color
clarity

1.63 Carat Oval J VS2

jhenning1214

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

I currently have the diamond listed here http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD06634452 reserved and I am very interested in purchasing it.

I am a very new buyer and would appreciate and words of caution or encouragement in purchasing this diamond. The GIA report lists a knot and that "internal graining is not shown". As this is a VS2 I do not think this would be an issue, however I am not a novice buyer and am unsure. Thank you!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I tried the link and it re-routed me back to the BN home page. Is there another link or maybe you can post the details in this thread.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CareBear|1458198842|4006607 said:
I tried the link and it re-routed me back to the BN home page. Is there another link or maybe you can post the details in this thread.

try ctrl+left click

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
jhenning1214|1458161853|4006311 said:
Hello all,

I currently have the diamond listed here http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD06634452 reserved and I am very interested in purchasing it.

I am a very new buyer and would appreciate and words of caution or encouragement in purchasing this diamond. The GIA report lists a knot and that "internal graining is not shown". As this is a VS2 I do not think this would be an issue, however I am not a novice buyer and am unsure. Thank you!

I wouldn't be too concerned about minor internal graining on a VS2. But that knot right in the middle of the table looks sizable on the clarity plot and would be a concern for me personally. Also, this oval at 1.33 ratio is a bit too "round" and to me not a desirable shape. Besides these issues, that photo provided by BN is just a sample. I don't think anyone on this forum will advise buying an oval without at LEAST an actual photo. An ASET is highly recommended for fancy shapes as the numbers on the reports don't tell us much, but I don't think BN provides them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results