shape
carat
color
clarity

1.59 CT transitional platinum solitaire

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous and thanks for giving us your thoughts on the stone. It looks great on your hand but whoa, I clearly need a green box for my platinum soli.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous setting and stone! It looks absolutely amazing on you! :love::love::love:
I also toss around the idea of getting a 3 stone (not until I upgrade my stone though and that will happen in about 3 years). I would love more finger coverage also so I will be following your journey.

For what it's worth, I really do think it looks lovely if you decide that this is your forever setting!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous diamond!!! Love the facet pattern!! Looks beautiful on your hand!! Congrats to you!!! :appl:

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
That is truly a beauty Niel! Lovely lovely facet pattern!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring is perfection. I love it on you!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Ohhh, I love it!!! :love: So gorgeous!

TheElms

Shiny_Rock
Stunning! The facet pattern is drop dead gorgeous, as everyone has said and it looks so white! And of course the setting is lovely. I hope you enjoy it while you consider the three stone option.

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What an absolutely amazing diamond and the Jovyn setting is the perfect solitaire IMO...congrats on such a stunner!!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, that is a glorious stone and in a perfect setting to let it be the star. I love the facet pattern :love: Also, it's a J?? it looks super white in all your pictures

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, that is a glorious stone and in a perfect setting to let it be the star. I love the facet pattern :love: Also, it's a J?? it looks super white in all your pictures
Thank you. I know everyone says old cuts face up white but honestly it looks two shades whiter than my smaller k. I think it wouldn't have been an I if sent to agi but we'll never know. But I've seen no yellow in it and I had anticipated some with it being in platinum

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel -lovely old cut diamond with a beautiful facet pattern and I cannot wait to see this solitaire with your french cut ruby band. I love a beautiful solitaire ER and while it isn't your forever ring it is sure a nice substitute till you figure out exactly what you want. Beautiful!:love:
My ruby band came and it's quite lovely. I think it dwarfs the soli though so we'll see if it's a keeper. Depends on which thing I replace....Though I'm almost certainly replacing the setting.

PicsArt_04-23-08.49.03.jpg

PicsArt_04-23-08.47.42.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning ring!!! You have made some great choices Niel. I love the look on you: quite a luxurious temp setting.

Love the stack with the french cut ruby band. Oh la la!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel that ruby band is TDF! That color and those french cuts...:love:
I see what you mean about it dwarfing the solitaire but I still love it even so. Somehow it works. :love:

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, it works. If it were a diamond band of the same proportions, I would say differently (I have this issue with my wedding present- I don't like wearing it with an ering). But it seems it's an entirely different ballgame for me with it being rubies.

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Amazing rings! I love your solitaire - I would personally keep it like that! Gorgeous! :love:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing rings! I love your solitaire - I would personally keep it like that! Gorgeous! :love:
Well it's definitely not my style. Though I can really see and appreciate the quality it's just too dainty. And besides, white metal does not flatter me. I have a setting on its way to me as we speak that may actually be everything I wanted. But too soon to know for sure.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well it's definitely not my style. Though I can really see and appreciate the quality it's just too dainty. And besides, white metal does not flatter me. I have a setting on its way to me as we speak that may actually be everything I wanted. But too soon to know for sure.

I get that and agree. You know you and you know what you love and that's more than half the battle. Hoping the setting that is on its way to you is *the* setting and you LOVE it for your diamond.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My new setting came and we're pretty confident the fit will be just fine as the size difference is negligible.
She's so basic. So perfect. I love her. The gold is also very similar to my 18k antique band which is a win as that is probably how I will pair them. Let perfection of simplicity speak for itself. Guest starting my hand model as the ring is like a size 5

IMG_20170428_103515_719.jpg

IMG_20170428_102846_642.jpg

IMG_20170428_103209_453.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh I love it Niel! A great setting for an old cut IMHO! Looks so nice with your band…I love yg…

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh I love it Niel! A great setting for an old cut IMHO! Looks so nice with your band…I love yg…
Lol I agree those look like my sausage fingers but those are actually my 4 year olds hands

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In real life, I know it is rude to ask "How much did you pay?" but on PS is it rude...? Just wondering :)

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just saw your amazing reset posts, so I had to go back and reread all of this!! I love how Caysie found your perfect Diamond OEC and the flowery pattern is spot on! I love it and then going with a yellow 8 prong antique setting! Amazing and DK did a great job resetting for you!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is such a gorgeous stone! What is the diameter? Around 7.5mm? It looks like the perfect size on your finger. I love the reset too

KirstLWA

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Really lovely ring. Well done.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is such a gorgeous stone! What is the diameter? Around 7.5mm? It looks like the perfect size on your finger. I love the reset too
Yes like 7.4. Thank you I agree she could be bigger, of course, but I never feel like she’s too small

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What ever became of the gorgeous ruby band?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results