shape
carat
color
clarity

1.56 Gia certified question~

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
We are about to purchase the following diamond and I am unsure how it scores since the Gia report does not give me the Crown and Pavillion angle.

Is this a good buy?

Round Brilliant
Meas: 7.61 x 7.68 x 4.51
Weight: 1.56
Depth: 59 %
Table: 59%
Girdle: V. Thin to Medium
Culet: None
Polish: good
Symmetry: good
Clarity: SI1
Color: I
Fluorescence: None

I am really worried about it being I color. The other ring we looked at is F color, but it is EGL and also the measurements are smaller even though it is a 1.71...so face up the one above looks bigger and is a GIA.

I appreciate any input and for the record, I am officially addicted to Pricescope-

thanks~

nicknomo

Shiny_Rock
When shopping for EGL stones, make sure it is an EGL usa lab. I have looked at a few EGL foreign stones and the certs were a complete farce in regards to color/clarity.

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, the specs above are for a GIA Certified stone and the other one we looked at was EGL USA-

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you obtain the remaining stats, Pricescope style ?

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
I am not sure what that means, but I do have the GIA Report number if that helps.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 10/27/2004 5:12:16 PM ivanadiamond wrote:

I am not sure what that means, but I do have the GIA Report number if that helps.----------------

Hm... I really meant a Sarin report.

Rounds are supposed to be brilliant - it would be nice to know how this particular one ranks among it's peers. Since all this exercise is done online, numbers are more easily communicated than the looks of the stone.
read.gif

Otherwise, how about Garrys' IdealScope ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results