shape
carat
color
clarity

1.54 C with medium florescence VS2 F colour

sunila

Rough_Rock
Joined
Jan 1, 2016
Messages
9
I have recently purchased 1.54 VS2, F color, V.Good cut, and want to get Gia appraisal, how to proceed? It has some Gemological Centers Inc. certificate.
 

sunila

Rough_Rock
Joined
Jan 1, 2016
Messages
9
What devaluation in price occure due to medium florescence, of F colour diamond has.

I FOUND THE STONE VERY YELLOWISH, even when the certificate says F color. All my other diamond are GIA certified but this one is from GCI.

please guide, shall I return the stone. As it is bought from India, is their any way to parcel it back?

Please help.

Can I get revalued in Toronto by GIA in Toronto.
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
57,722
Welcome! If you can return it, by all means return it. Never buy a stone that isn't GIA lab graded. An F stone graded by GIA is never yellow. You have no idea of what price you should pay when you don't have accurate grading.

If you are able to return it, come back here BEFORE buying next time. We can help you find a GIA graded, excellent cut diamond. The fluorescence isn't going to be the primary problem with this stone. The cut and inaccurate grading are going to be the problem.
 

sunila

Rough_Rock
Joined
Jan 1, 2016
Messages
9
diamondseeker2006|1451657766|3969240 said:
Welcome! If you can return it, by all means return it. Never buy a stone that isn't GIA lab graded. An F stone graded by GIA is never yellow. You have no idea of what price you should pay when you don't have accurate grading.

If you are able to return it, come back here BEFORE buying next time. We can help you find a GIA graded, excellent cut diamond. The fluorescence isn't going to be the primary problem with this stone. The cut and inaccurate grading are going to be the problem.


Thanks, diamondseeker2006

I will do the same, but still need help with GIA appraiser in Toronto, so that I can return with proper cause.
 

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
33,352
sunila|1451676170|3969332 said:
diamondseeker2006|1451657766|3969240 said:
Welcome! If you can return it, by all means return it. Never buy a stone that isn't GIA lab graded. An F stone graded by GIA is never yellow. You have no idea of what price you should pay when you don't have accurate grading.

If you are able to return it, come back here BEFORE buying next time. We can help you find a GIA graded, excellent cut diamond. The fluorescence isn't going to be the primary problem with this stone. The cut and inaccurate grading are going to be the problem.


Thanks, diamondseeker2006

I will do the same, but still need help with GIA appraiser in Toronto, so that I can return with proper cause.
Why?? :confused: Just return it.
 

sunila

Rough_Rock
Joined
Jan 1, 2016
Messages
9
He is in family since long time, this is the first time he failed to have GIA certification, and my gut feeling is in the favour of retuning, but in india we do it a bit differently out of relationships.

I know, I sound odd but its different environment all together. :wall:
 

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
30,492
sunila|1451655800|3969236 said:
What devaluation in price occure due to medium florescence, of F colour diamond has.

I FOUND THE STONE VERY YELLOWISH, even when the certificate says F color. All my other diamond are GIA certified but this one is from GCI.

please guide, shall I return the stone. As it is bought from India, is their any way to parcel it back?

Please help.

Can I get revalued in Toronto by GIA in Toronto.

Per their website GIA operates nine labs worldwide, but none are in Toronto.
The closest GIA lab to Toronto is in NY, USA.

http://www.gia.edu/locations



BTW, GIA never 'values', or appraises gems.
Appraisers do that ... and that's a nasty can of worms in itself.

I suspect I know why you were led to believe GIA operates in Toronto ... you were told so by someone in Toronto with GIA credentials.
GIA doesn't just grade gems.
They also train industry pros in gemology.

Having your diamond examined/reviewed/appraised by a pro who was educated by GIA is NOT the same as having the stone graded by a GIA lab.
Totally different!
A real grading report from GIA labs itself is FAR more desirable and valuable.

Any document from any pro, even with one with GIA's highest credential GG or Graduate Gemologist, does not hold the weight of a grading report from GIA itself.
Just because I have a degree from Harvard does not mean Harvard University stands behind everything I say and do when I go out and get a job.

The F grade of your diamond is bogus.
In America I trust only GIA and AGS to issue valid color and clarity grades.
Shamefully there are many labs that grade color and clarity inaccurately so the diamonds seem to be better than they really are. :nono:
Sellers LOVE this as they screw over and rip off customers. :angryfire:
This is shocking and I consider it fraud, but they get away with it.

Return your diamond for a full refund if possible and buy only stones graded by a reputable lab.
They are not more expensive.
They are often cheaper.

For instance the same diamond that lab X graded F VS1 might get grades of I SI2 from GIA.
With the bogus F VS1 grades it may sell for $5000 but with true grades of I SI2 from GIA might sell for $3000 with the GIA report.
Of course these numbers are just made up, but the point is true.

To put it another way the person who decided to send it to the bogus lab knew full well what poor grades it would get from GIA and that the bogus lab would issue better grades to deceive innocent uninformed buyers.
Unfortunately the vast majority of consumers are not informed about this rampant gem lab fraud. :nono:

Again, I'd not waste money getting your diamond 'appraised', just return it.
If you can't return it and want to know what the grades really are send it to GIA, not to an appraiser.
The price won't be that different.
It will take longer but selling it some day will be easier with a real GIA report.
People in the know realize most appraisals are as bogus as grades from the bogus labs.
Even if you want to know the grades to help you fight the seller's return policy a real GIA report is must stronger evidence supporting the true grades than any appraisal.

screen_shot_2016-01-01_at_11.png
 

sunila

Rough_Rock
Joined
Jan 1, 2016
Messages
9
Kenny

Thanks a lot, I truly appreciate your detailed explaination, and of full mind not to buy this one. I will return this for sure. Iwas duped this time cause, my vacation was ending and the ring was made thrice, cause everytime my instruction were not followed. I just didn't checked the certificate and anything, cause he had always given me GIA certified with number inscription.

I just when compared my G coloured .90 cents with this 1.54, upon coming to Canada, it had yellow hues, in certain light and atleast not better than my G stone, so the doubt begiin. The lab is israel and russia based, some GCI certified.

Thank for your support all of you have been great. Is there some way I can send it to India insured?
 

sunila

Rough_Rock
Joined
Jan 1, 2016
Messages
9
Is it possible to get it GIA certified, even when there is laser number inscribed by GCI? before sending, so I have valid reason for rejection.
 

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
33,352
sunila|1452096704|3971643 said:
Is it possible to get it GIA certified, even when there is laser number inscribed by GCI? before sending, so I have valid reason for rejection.

Yes, GIA will grade the stone, but no need to waste your money b/c the stone will not come back F VS2.
 

sunila

Rough_Rock
Joined
Jan 1, 2016
Messages
9
Dancing Fire|1452108530|3971733 said:
sunila|1452096704|3971643 said:
Is it possible to get it GIA certified, even when there is laser number inscribed by GCI? before sending, so I have valid reason for rejection.

Yes, GIA will grade the stone, but no need to waste your money b/c the stone will not come back F VS2.


Thanks Dancing Fire

I am very sure of that. It just is easy way on my emotional vanity.
 

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Apr 10, 2015
Messages
563
sunila|1452096704|3971643 said:
Is it possible to get it GIA certified, even when there is laser number inscribed by GCI? before sending, so I have valid reason for rejection.


Yes, GIA will grade it regardless of who may have certified it before. The GIA report should make note of the GCI laser inscription so you won't need a GIA one to verify the report matches the diamond. But GIA can take a few weeks or more to grade so make sure you can still return it. You might want to contact the vendor first though and see what they say. Maybe you can have them pay for the GIA certification if the specs don't match the GCI report.
 

sunila

Rough_Rock
Joined
Jan 1, 2016
Messages
9
solgen|1452110427|3971751 said:
sunila|1452096704|3971643 said:
Is it possible to get it GIA certified, even when there is laser number inscribed by GCI? before sending, so I have valid reason for rejection.


Yes, GIA will grade it regardless of who may have certified it before. The GIA report should make note of the GCI laser inscription so you won't need a GIA one to verify the report matches the diamond. But GIA can take a few weeks or more to grade so make sure you can still return it. You might want to contact the vendor first though and see what they say. Maybe you can have them pay for the GIA certification if the specs don't match the GCI report.

Slogan, I appreciate, your opinion. There are three option, as suggested by various members, first to return it without any recertification, second to send it directly to GIA, for which I called GIA, the lady told me it may take 3 business day and few days that FEDEX may take to transport loose diamond. She also said that if I want another inscription, they will do that too. And my third option is to find local vendor, to get initial appraisal, and than if necessary to send to GIA.

GIA, did not suggested local vendor, though.

any other option? local vendor will have to help, if I get right one.
 

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
33,352
[quote="sunila|
Slogan, I appreciate, your opinion. There are three option, as suggested by various members, first to return it without any recertification, second to send it directly to GIA, for which I called GIA, the lady told me it may take 3 business day and few days that FEDEX may take to transport loose diamond. She also said that if I want another inscription, they will do that too. And my third option is to find local vendor, to get initial appraisal, and than if necessary to send to GIA.

[/quote]


Your best option... ;))
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    August Birthstone 2021 - Peridot
    August Birthstone 2021 - Peridot
    The King of Diamonds
    The King of Diamonds
    National Moon Day 2021: Moonstones
    National Moon Day 2021: Moonstones

Holloway Cut Advisor



Top