shape
carat
color
clarity

1.53 radiant w/79 table and strong blue-need opinion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

radiantnewbie1

Rough_Rock
I''m interested in a 1.53 radiant cut diamond
cut cornered rectangular modified brilliant
7.12 X 6.25 X 4.04 mm
depth 64.6
table 79
girdle med to v. thick
culet -none
polish good
symmetry good
clarity VS1
color grade D
fluorescence strong blue
asking price $8,347

I''m a little concerned about the table being 79. Also I''ve read conflicting opinions about the fluorescence on here. Can you post your opinion?
Thanks a lot.

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
I can't really comment on the table except to say that it's off the AGA chart (and not off the good end).

As for the fluorescence, strong blue in a D is not considered desirable, so your eyes will need to be the judge.

How did you come upon this stone? Have you seen it in person? If this is an internet buy, keep in mind that there are lots of fish in the sea. Diamonds are not nearly as rare as the industry makes them out to be. I'd recommend looking around a bit more.

Good Luck!

R/A

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Welcome to the forum radiantnewbie1;

I would be more concerned with that 79% table than the strong blue fluorescence.
It is the very strong blue fluorescence with "overblue" that you need to worry about. Fortunately these are very rare. But to make sure, you might have someone with experience look at it for you, if you can get past the 79% table. That table is bad news.
Yes, there are other fish in the sea...let that one go.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results