shape
carat
color
clarity

1.53 Ct Oval Halo by Maytal Hannah

som3guy123

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I just wanted to share my oval halo e-ring made by Maytal Hannah. Like most people, buying this e-ring was my first experience with diamonds and ring settings that cost more than a few hundred dollars. I sourced the center stone on my own and needed a jeweler to create the setting I was looking for. I wanted a hand forged piece in platinum based on a HW inspired design. I looked at samples from a few jewelers based on pricescope recommendations, but ultimately I went with Maytal Hannah b/c of her ability combined with her customer service. She was a joy to work with and responded to all my questions/concerns quickly and with patience. I would highly recommend working with her. I am super happy with the final product and so is my fiancee. Also, this community is awesome and I don't think I would of had the such a great result without it. If you have any questions about my experience or the ring, please feel free to ask.

Thank you!!!

Ring Specs:
Hand Forged Platinum, micro pave halo, micro pave shank

Center Stone Specs:
Weight: 1.53 ct.
Shape/Cut: Oval Brilliant
Color: G
Clarity: VVS1
Dimensions: 9.18 x 6.56 x 4.01 mm
L/W ratio: 1.4

_29197.jpg

_29198.jpg

_29199.jpg

_29200.jpg

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! Looks huge and yet so delicate. Is there an angle on the halo? Or straight out from the oval? Looks perfect. May I ask what finger size for comparison? Good job!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You have a stunning ring! Maytal crafted my ring as well and I adore her quality of work!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simply stunning!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, congrats!!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning ring! The stone looks really big. I love the delicate look of the ring

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE your ring!! :love: I think ovals look so beautiful on the hand, so elegant and graceful. And Maytal did a fabulous job on the setting! It's really gorgeous, wear it in health and happiness!

som3guy123

Rough_Rock
laurenk said:
Absolutely gorgeous! Looks huge and yet so delicate. Is there an angle on the halo? Or straight out from the oval? Looks perfect. May I ask what finger size for comparison? Good job!

Hi LaurenK,

There is a slight angle to the halo, I personally prefer this look compared to having it parallel to the table. I think it highlights the center stone more.

som3guy123

Rough_Rock
som3guy123 said:
laurenk said:

Hi LaurenK,

There is a slight angle to the halo, I personally prefer this look compared to having it parallel to the table. I think it highlights the center stone more.

Ring size is 6.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
So delicate, but yet it has amazing finger coverage. The stone looks so big and the setting is just divine! Well done!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring!!! :love: Maytal did a beautiful job on the setting!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So so dainty yet blingie! A beautiful ring, enjoy!! More pics????

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Well you know I just love halo's and yours is beautiful! Maytal did an amazing job :appl:
Congrats and don't forget to post more pics of the ring on her finger.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soooo pretty! She does such beautiful work! Enjoy!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely ring! It looks so pretty and elegant on your hand.

StaceyCA

Rough_Rock
Love it! Absolutely beautiful!

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous! :love: And it looks amazing on your hand! Huge and delicate. A winning combination. :appl:

Ljmvet

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! Just out of interest- where did you source your center stone, and how was the experience? I am in the process of buying a stone, so I'd appreciate your opinion :)

som3guy123

Rough_Rock
Hey ljmvet,

I was lucky to have a friend who works in the industry as a wholesaler and was able to find me a stone. It wasn't easy finding a oval that I liked, dimensions, clarity, weight, etc.. Sorry for not being more help. I would recommend getting a stone that is Gia certified and try see the stone in person before you purchase.

yasssss

Shiny_Rock
such an elegant ring! timeless and so beautiful!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring!

bunfuns

Rough_Rock
Hi som3guy123,

I'm looking weighing my option of getting a Tacori setting or going custom. Saw your post and interested in finding out how your experience with Maytal Hannah. Do you mind letting me know how much you paid for the setting? How long did the process take? Or anything else you think I should know more about before proceeding.

Thanks,
Susana

som3guy123

Rough_Rock
bunfuns said:
Hi som3guy123,

I'm looking weighing my option of getting a Tacori setting or going custom. Saw your post and interested in finding out how your experience with Maytal Hannah. Do you mind letting me know how much you paid for the setting? How long did the process take? Or anything else you think I should know more about before proceeding.

Thanks,
Susana

Hi Susana,

Do you already have a center stone? I'm not familiar with the tacori brand, but your setting cost will range depending on labor, ct. weight of melee stones used, metal used(Platinum, white gold, etc), and design. Do you know if their pieces are cad/cast? or Hand Forged? The piece I got was hand forged by Maytal Hannah and that process is more labor intensive, so you would be paying more than a casted piece. The best thing to do is get a quote from Maytal and also shop around. From my research I decided on the hand forged route and Maytal's pricing was very competitive to the market.

My experience with Maytal was great. She responds to emails quickly and has great customer service. I would suggest you contact her and see what she has to say. The process took around 3 weeks from the time dropped off my stone. Keep in mind that, 3-4 weeks is normal turn around time for a piece like that. Good luck researching and shopping around.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring. The center stone looks huge.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I love her work.

bunfuns

Rough_Rock
Thanks som3guy123.

Yes, I already have a center stone. So that's another layer of long distance that I'll have to coordinate since I'm in NJ. Do I send her my center stone to be mounted?? I've just contacted her thru her website. Hopefully will hear back soon. I'm very new to the process so I'm not even too sure what is cad/cast vs hand forged. I believe they say they are hand crafted. :oops:

I think even if I get something from Tacori, it'll be a 3 to 4 weeks process as well. So if it's around that time frame, I think it's reasonable.

Susana

som3guy123|1429734751|3866029 said:
bunfuns said:
Hi som3guy123,

Thanks,
Susana

Hi Susana,

Do you already have a center stone? I'm not familiar with the tacori brand, but your setting cost will range depending on labor, ct. weight of melee stones used, metal used(Platinum, white gold, etc), and design. Do you know if their pieces are cad/cast? or Hand Forged? The piece I got was hand forged by Maytal Hannah and that process is more labor intensive, so you would be paying more than a casted piece. The best thing to do is get a quote from Maytal and also shop around. From my research I decided on the hand forged route and Maytal's pricing was very competitive to the market.

My experience with Maytal was great. She responds to emails quickly and has great customer service. I would suggest you contact her and see what she has to say. The process took around 3 weeks from the time dropped off my stone. Keep in mind that, 3-4 weeks is normal turn around time for a piece like that. Good luck researching and shopping around.

som3guy123

Rough_Rock
bunfuns said:
Thanks som3guy123.

Yes, I already have a center stone. So that's another layer of long distance that I'll have to coordinate since I'm in NJ. Do I send her my center stone to be mounted?? I've just contacted her thru her website. Hopefully will hear back soon. I'm very new to the process so I'm not even too sure what is cad/cast vs hand forged. I believe they say they are hand crafted. :oops:

I think even if I get something from Tacori, it'll be a 3 to 4 weeks process as well. So if it's around that time frame, I think it's reasonable.

Susana

Yes, you would have to send her your center stone, and she would create the ring around the stone. The main difference I found from cad/cast and hand forging is hand forged pieces have denser metal and don't have porosity issues b/c of the way the metal is pulled and formed, rather than poured into a cast. And from the jewelers I've talked to, all their high-end work is done by hand forging the pieces. Search PS for cast vs. hand forged. You'll find a few threads out there that already tackle the topic. Another main difference will be price. Hand forging is much more labor intensive and will cost more than a cast. I can say in Maytal's case, hand crafted means hand forged. Not always the case for all jewelers, sometimes it's good to get clarification. B/c some will say a casted piece is made by hand, but the process and cost is entirely different.

som3guy123

Rough_Rock
Here's a few more hand shots

img952431.jpg

img953164.jpg

img954473.jpg

img958692.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results