shape
carat
color
clarity

1.53 carat cushion Mahenge spinel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I'm a thread hog. I admit it. I am opening this at the bequest of Brandy_z, so blame her if you want to choke me by now.
40.gif

I was looking for a more red Mahenge, but as many of you know, under 4 or 5 carats, they tend to be more pink. Absolutely nothing wrong with pink, it's just as beautiful, but I wanted a more red stone.

Here is the AIGS. The stone is from, once again, Odysseygem. It's slightly sleepy in appearance, but not too much so. I returned some Mahenges to another vendor a while back, and they were not this saturated, and they were much more sleepy. Therefore, I really wanted another to replace the ones I returned. The AIGS memo is pinkish red, which is what I wanted.

TLpinkredspinelAIGSmemo.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here it is sitting in a cheapo cz and yellow gold mount. Indirect sunlight pouring through my window. The spots are dust particles on the stone.

TLspinelinring.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From further away with one of my cuprians.

TLspinelandparaiba.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In very dim incandescent light. It goes more orange in this particular lighting. In the day, it fluors and has a blue sheen to it. I do not know what causes the blue sheen.

TLspineldimlight.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With my other recently acquired Mahenge. That one is more of a pink color. Direct sunlight. Both are fluorescing.

TLmahengesfluor.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more.

TLspinelsdirectsunfluor.JPG

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is so bright and hot even the Pink Panther couldn''t camouflage with it!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, one more by it''s lonesome self in incandescent lighting. As you can see it''s more watermelon colored here.

TLmahengelonesome.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A little clearer shot so that you can see the slightly sleepy quality does not overwhelm the stone. It is very transparent. Incandescent light. There is one small feather like inclusion, but I really cannot see it at all with the naked eye.

TLmahengelonesome2.JPG

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
Oh thank you TL! I''ll take the heat, if you catch any, send it my way for starting a thread about your beautiful stones!
30.gif
Oh thank you so much for sharing. Breathtaking stones! I was literally dancing in my chair in anticipation of your pics and it continued throughout my viewing pleasure.
18.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2010 4:44:08 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
With my other recently acquired Mahenge. That one is more of a pink color. Direct sunlight. Both are fluorescing.

TLmahengesfluor.JPG

Look at the fluoro!! They look beautiful and radioactive!
30.gif
Great find, and the colors are amazing.

And no, you''re not being a threadhog. What''s the purpose of buying something if you can''t share it, right?

Eye-candies are always welcome..at least to me.
2.gif

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Dang TL..you have been snatching up some stones lately..very nice..color is much more red than the norm...wel done!!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, very pretty color!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new Mahenge looks like it''s giving your Cuprian a run for its colour under the sun! It looks to make a great combo with another cuprian stone.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
fantastic colour!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful colors!

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Wow, yet another stunner!
Your house must be glowing with so many fluorescent beauties..

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Really beautiful, it has many gorgeous "faces"!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
GEEZ, Missy!! Where in the world are you finding these lovely stones??!!??? I love them!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for the kind words.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results