shape
carat
color
clarity

1.51 VS1 D Color Hearts on Fire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tahoet

Rough_Rock
Hello to anyone out there who would mind helping me. I need a ballpark figure on a 1.51 D color Vs 1 Hearts on fire diamond. Thanks for the help
lickout.gif
10.gif
21.gif

diamond dazed

Rough_Rock
If you look at non-branded H&A's, such as this one

http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_61ct_d_vs1__h%26a.htm

you could get it for around $17,500

Kris

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I don't know what this stone would cost, but I have heard that HoF regulates their pricing so that their dealers have little to no negotiating room. They make beautiful stones, but charge a good premium for them. (ex: a pair of 1.5ctw studs I priced were 50-60% more than an ideal H&A set from an online dealer would be.)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
HOF carries around a 40% premium over a regular H&A....HOF for 1.5 D VS would be probably be around $20k if not a little more.

We looked at a HOF Dream 1c G SI or H VS (don't recall) and it was $10k. Just for the stone.

knowverylittle

Rough_Rock
Mara came up with figure I given, about 40%. I am learning slowly!

Since no prices are on-line I called a local HOF dealer for a quote on a F VS2 1 carat. They said $11,245. For $7-8K you can buy a D VS2/1 1 carat with a good H&A cut. I'll be seeing a HOF this weekend and doubt it will be worth $3-4K more to me. Just as some people must have a Tiffany, some must have the HOF and you can decide.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
kvl--yes its definitely a preference thing--HOF are very beautiful in person, but I think that there are diamonds out there that are just as beautiful to your naked eye, without that 40% markup... as you note...it's all about what someone's gotta have!
1.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I don't think people choose HoF for the same reason others choose Tiffany, though. People choose Tiffany because they have an emotional attachment to the name. I think people who choose HoF do so because they are led to believe that it is the only diamond out there cut so beautifully and with those cool hearts and arrows you can see under the 'Scope.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results