shape
carat
color
clarity

1.50 carats vs. 1.40

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
To answer your original question, my non expert opinion is that you would not notice a difference. The only reason I might get a 1.5 vs 1.4 is the "mind clean" factor - if I needed to know it was that perfect 1.5 ct. (Personally, I would be fine with the 1.4)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Since you''re local to ERD, I suggest going to look at both stones and let your eyes be the judge on which you prefer. paper is paper, I like certs as a guide, especially with rounds they are a huge help, but ultimately I''d see which one speaks to you more.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2007 7:30:43 AM
Author: DiamondSeeker7
When asked this is what ERD told me a premium cut diamond is ''Premium is a term we use to describe diamonds that meet cut
specifications that we have set up as a ''filter'' mechanism on ERD
website. It includes both Excellent and Very Good Cut grades from GIA as
well as ''Ideal'' cuts from AGS. We are eliminating the diamonds that not
possess superior specifications in order to make the selection process
easier to manage'' Any thoughts?
I did see this on their site, and as a specific and defined use of the term, it''s certainly reasonable to me, and I see how it can be useful to you.

Still, I like to check with my own ability to evaluate. Also, being able to see, for me, is frankly just not enough...I like to have the data match my perceptions. Ideally, too, I''d prefer to shop more efficiently from a distance.

Excel Diamonds is another option, also in NYC. Mark, though, is probably fine. as you''re reading here.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
It's a toss up. You either have to compromize on size -- getting a full one and a half carats or getting an E VS2. I dunno. An F SI1 is still really, really nice. I'd probably go for the larger one, providing it is absolutely eye clean without a loupe. I have an SI1 that is and I actually like having a small inclusion to identify my diamond. Can't see it without a loupe, but no way is anyone going to pull a switcheroony on me.

ETA: This is providing that they both look equally good to the eye. Since you can go see them, that's the best way to decide. Compare them and see which one you prefer.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The 1.4 is facing up a bit smaller, compared to my 1.4 which is 7.25

You''re looking at about 7.15 vs. 7.41. at only 100 bucks difference.

I would agree, if you''re close enough, go look. If I had been within an hour and a half of any of these vendors, I''d have gone to look....

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On a long ago thread it was decided that .25 mm is where you start to be able to see a difference.

So if you have really good eyesight and hold them next to each other you will see one as bigger than the other. Wearing just one of them day to day you won''t.

As long as both are eyeclean. Pick the one that looks best to your eyes.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results