shape
carat
color
clarity

1.5 oval brilliant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JandD

Rough_Rock
Hello out there
1.gif
!

My fiance and I have been ring shopping for a month now and are ready to buy a ring. We have been together for 10 years and are so excited about our upcoming wedding. I have always wanted an oval diamond and a classic setting. Today we were at Derco in SF and we may have found it. Our biggest fear is going too much for size and not focusing on some of the other factors, because size does matter to me, and not using our $8500 budget wisely (settings I like are around $2000 in platinum).

What do you think of this one?
Statistics:
8.79 x 6.4 x 4.1
1.51c
SI1
H
Depth 64.1%
Table 53%
Girdle med to thick, faceted
pol/sym good
fluor none
culet none

I do not have crown and pavillion heights yet, but am going to contact them for this.

Can anyone help in evaluating this stone?
They are offering it at $6500, is this a fair price?

Thanks for any and all help. I have done a lot of homework, but need expert advice.

Cheers,
Jax
wavey.gif

zoobiedo

Shiny_Rock
Sounds slightly deep but the price seems fair. It comes out a 1B on Dave Atlas' chart. If you love what it looks like, that is key. Good luck.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not know if this is good or bad, but only one (LINK) comparable oval matches this price among the over 100 quotes of PS's database.
This, among GIA certified pieces. But the number remains low for EGL ovals too: among them there were both one larger LINK and one apparent bargain LINK.

Have you seen the stone?
If that good price does not mean that the stone has visible inclusions or some undesirable detail of cut, than why not
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results