shape
carat
color
clarity

1.5 on HCA but has knot--any effect?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aggiefan

Rough_Rock
Since my last post about the knot, I''ve found out a little more about them, but I still don''t know if it will affect anything about the stone. G/SI1 Other specs are:
from Sarin:
depth: 60.3%
crown: 34.2
pavillion 40.8
table: 58.1%
culet 1.1%
It scores a 1.5 on the HCA, the only shown inclusion is a knot at the edge of the table. How will this affect the performance of this diamond?

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
A knot is an included diamond crystal reaching the surface of the stone. Since it's a different crystal, it will have a different internal orientation than the rest of the diamond. However, if it's so small as to warrant an SI1 grade even though it's on the table, I can't imagine that it's big enough to affect the performance.

aggiefan

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your opinion! Do those specs look good otherwise?

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
The specs look very nice. The stone should get an AGS Excellent 1 cut grade, if sent to the AGSL... Is it GIA graded, if yes, what are polish/sym ratings?

BTW, an SI 1 size knot should not be something to worry about too much... However, if you still aren't too sure about that, bring it to an appraiser, who'll check the characteristics andd give you an indipendent opinion...
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results