shape
carat
color
clarity

1.5 G VS1 Whiteflash ACA in platinum Vatche Felicity setting

Daisyoz

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

First I would like to thank all the kind PS members that have helped me in my previous posts. PS has helped me and my FI so much during our engagement ring journey. It s time for me to give back to this wonderful community and to hopefully help people like us at the beginning, with their research.

1. The diamond:

When we first started looking, we knew nothing about diamonds except the diamond FI's brother proposed to his now wife with, which is a 1.4 Signature Ideal D VVS1 bought from Bluenile, so FI felt he needed to get me something of those specs. After lots of research and knowledges gained from PS :) I found that I love the idea of H n A diamonds (the balanced and well structured flashes, the symmetry, the cutting process, the hearts :love: ) and would like to have one if possible but D or VVS1 are not that important to me, so I convinced him that is not necessary. We looked through lots of videos and photos and some diamonds IRL and decided that F or G is white enough for us. As for clarity, we feel we are more comfortable with VS1 than VS2.

My FI in the end chose a Whiteflash ACA 1.5 G VS1 (link to diamond for those interested in more specs http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2953041.htm). I am very appreciative of FI willing to pay the premium to give me a branded H n A.

We are more than happy with the GVS1 combo. It is so white. I am quite colour sensitive and I couldnt see any tint at all on the side in different lightings and and even against a white background. It may not look icy white, but there s absolutely no yellow tint at all observed. Face up it is totally white as white can get. As for inclusion, none is seen as expected with VS1.

I do expect good brilliancy and plenty of sparkling given that it is AGS0 and the premium paid for the cut and it doesnt disappoint. It has so much personality and very dynamic. It sparkles in all lightings even in the dimmest ones. I can't remember seeing that much sparkling and fires from FI's sister in law's Bluenile Signature Ideal diamond from a distance. May be one day I will compare them side to side. I will attach some photos of the ring in different lightings for those doing research to see if the premium of an ACA is worth it. My FI thinks it is.

The size of the diamond also looks different in different angles and lightings. The ring size is 4.25 (I made a mistake with sizing, so it is very loose, it should be 3.75 or 4). Sometimes it looks very big, sometimes not quite so. My Mum though thinks it s huge and suits my finger well. I will wait and see how long DSS will set in :lol:

2. The setting

Though FI let me choose the setting, it is important to me that he will also love it. He loves a simple solitaire, so I short listed all the solitaire settings that I like, showed that to him and he liked the Vatche Felicity the best so we went with that. I am very happy with it, especially the profile and the gallery. The prongs are so delicate and the workmanship is excellent. The only thing that I didnt expect is that the shanks are a bit knife edged, that wasnt shown well in the website photos. At first I thought the shanks are too thin but after a while, I began to like its dainty look.

3.Whiteflash

I didnt deal with them directly but FI said they have excellent customer service, always prompt to respond to his questions and accommodate his requests. We also like the excellent upgrade policy.

Now with now further ado, here come the pix. First is by Whiteflash.

Some hand shots :

FI's hand and mine. He got very delicate hands for such a big man. Darn his hand looks so much better than mine :lol:

_11708.jpg

_11709.jpg

_11710.jpg

_11711.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: 1.5 G VS1 Whiteflash ACA in platinum Vatche Felicity set

Love everything about it!!! Perfect!!!!

lil425

Shiny_Rock

Congratulations on your engagement - that is one GORGEOUS ring!!!

mns12

Shiny_Rock

Congratulations!! Very elegant ring and looks so pretty on your hand.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think you made an outstanding choice! :love: G VS1 is my personal favorite, too, for a rb! And ACA's are just perfect! :appl:

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Absolutely stunning :love: Congratulations!

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock

Gorgeous. Love the setting, and it looks big on your hand. Mom is right, of course.
I agree that it would have been a waste to go whiter or clearer. It looks perfect as is.

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock

It's beautiful! :love: Great choice - ACAs perform amazingly! Congratulations on your engagement!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congratulations!! That is a beautiful stone and a gorgeous ring.

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock

I adore the setting! and it looks perfect on your hand. Congrats!!! :appl:

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock

Really beautiful and elegant!
Congratulations

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

That's a perfect ring!! Congrats!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a beautiful ring! The stone is a real showpiece and the setting is very elegant.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

An amazing stone, a beautifully elegant setting and the diamond really "pops" in a good way on your tiny fingers!!!! Congrats.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a lovely stone. And that Vatche setting is perfection, in my opinion! LOVE IT! :love: :appl: :love:

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock

Oh that is really really pretty. That is like the perfect classic solitaire!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Very beautiful! Congratulations!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock

The stone is beautiful and the setting is so delicate on your hand. What a perfect combination!

lovefordiamonds

Shiny_Rock

Congratulations! Beautiful stone and setting! :appl:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your ring is stunning! I love my ACA's. Congrats on your engagement!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Looks gorgeous on your finger congrats!

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock

Wow that's really beautiful....I love that setting!! Looks huge on your finger

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock

Beautiful stone in a beautiful setting! :love:

Daisyoz

Shiny_Rock

Thanks everyone for your kind words! : :love: :love: :love:

Daisyoz

Shiny_Rock

Adding a few photos of the diamond in different lightings, taken by my iphone 4S and un modified.

In a dark car with minimal street light, the raindrops on the window dimmed the light even further.

In my office with diffuse lighting and natural light all behind my back, my head blocked most of these light sources in this photo.

On a beautiful sunny spring day, photo taken in the shade.

This last one is amazing, I didn't know diamonds could do this. Everytime my diamond catches sunlight in the car, it throws off firey flashes all over and the car roof is sprinkled with colourful twinkling reflections of those flashes. I was driving home today from work and it was a beautiful sunny spring afternoon here in Melbourne and the whole way home, the car was lit up with those wonderful flashes. Everytime I stopped at a red light, I looked up and got immersed in those dancing rainbow flashes and my heart was filled with joy ! I never wished for red lights so much in my life :lol:

_12046.jpg

_12047.jpg

_12048.jpg

_12049.jpg

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Gorgeous!!

redroze

Shiny_Rock

Hello, I nearly died when I saw your flower shot in Jewel of the Week and was certain it was an OEC diamond. Now realized its a AGS0 aca and made me more excited to receive my own AGS0 mrb soon. It is absolutely gorgeous congrats!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Had to come back to admire your photo's. What a stunning ring! Your stone looks like a star :appl:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Your ring is gorgeous! I would love to see a clearer shot showing the gallery and profile!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Perfection at it's best! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results