shape
carat
color
clarity

1.5 ct on a budget

Hjeclook

Rough_Rock
This is my first post so I apologize for any mistakes. I've been lurking for awhile and just recently made a purchase and now I'm freaking out a little. I set myself a challenge: 1.5ct for $3000. Sounds crazy. My priorities are carat and cut then clarity and way way down the list is color. I want a big beautiful diamond for "cheap". I want it to sparkle sparkle sparkle.

I recently purchased a RB 1.57 u-v vs2 triple EX Gia #5176358064 $2997

I tried to use the hca calculator and unless I did something wrong it scored a 1.8 I think. I'm not worried about the color. Can someone please look at the numbers for me? I don't have the stone in hand or a picture or idealscope or anything. I bought it purely based on the GIA report and HCA and price. I was really proud of my choice but now I'm panicking. It hasn't even shipped and I have cold feet. Help?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 36 crown angle may or may not result in some leakage. Can't know that without an idealscope or ASET image. I assume it has a return policy, so you'll just have to see how it looks. Are you setting it in rose gold since it is light brown?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Numbers are within acceptable range. The crown angle my result in a little light loss.

It's a brown diamond with blue fluorescence. I'd set it in a Yellow or Rose Gold Cup and bezel and hope for the best.

Hjeclook

Rough_Rock
Hmm I thought I replied but I don't see it. Thank you both for your help. I'm planning on a 14k six prong YG solitaire. I don't mind color as I normally buy FCD. I watched GOG and DBL videos on u-v and w-x colors. I really appreciate the replies. Thank you both for looking at the numbers. I feel better about my purchase and can't wait to see what the delivery person brings.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results