shape
carat
color
clarity

1.28 F/VVS2

mbfergus

Rough_Rock
I found a great diamond that fell into my price range. A little smaller than I was looking for but well cut, high color/clarity emerald cut stone. I expected the price to be 1K higher for a stone with these specs - there are small inclusions on the table but at VVS2 should I be worried of eye cleanliness given the relatively small 1.28 weight? Am I being paranoid? Link is below if anyone wants to review:

http://www.zoara.ca/diamonds/p_emerald_excellent_cut_f_vvs2#p=5959236

Thank you in advance,

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
I'd be surprised if it weren't eye clean and the site does indicate that it is. It looks like it has the potential to be a nice stone but you really need a video to see how the facets interact with one another and how the on off pattern is.

mbfergus

Rough_Rock
Yes, I will need to reach out to the company directly for a video. I noticed the eye clean certification as well, but am hesitant when I see relatively prominent inclusions on the table of the stone.

I assume that at the VVS2 level, everything is truly eye clean, but I've read at least a few horror stories about people that bought VS1/2 stones that were listed as eye clean only to find visible inclusions after purchase or further pre-purchase review.

I will definitely reserve final judgement until after I see a video, but I found it strange for a stone with those specs to be listed at that price. Am I missing something? I'm still quite the amateur as I've only been researching for 3-4 weeks.

mbfergus

Rough_Rock
I'm waiting on the various photos and video for this stone but thought I would share some of the specifics that were provided by the retailer.

Crown height 12.6% (43 degree angle)
Girdle height 3.8%
pavillion height 50.5% (59 degree angle)

symmetry is VG
polish is EX
cut is EX (at least as determined by their website)

with a table of 62% and depth of 65.8% it has the dimensions I want. I will obviously reserve judgement until I see a better picture, but do any of the specs shown above raise anyone's eyebrow as unacceptable?

Thanks

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results