shape
carat
color
clarity

1.27 G vs 1.54 H Princess Ideal Cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scogar

Rough_Rock
Let me first say I''m sorry for jumping the gun here. I was working on a diamond purchase between Halloween and Thanksgiving and had a serious injury that kept me out of the market until now. I did do a lot of research but I am afraid that I forgot a good amount. I don''t want to waste people''s time here, but in getting back into this purchase for my girl, I would like an opinion on the following options:

Shape A Cut Above Princess A Cut Above Princess
Carat 1.54 1.273
Color H G
Clarity VVS2 VVS1
Measurements 6.39-6.25X4.59 5.86-5.82X4.38
Table % 70.6 69.1
Depth % 73.4 73.3
Polish Ideal Ideal
Symmetry Ideal Ideal
Girdle Thin Thin to Medium
Culet Pointed Pointed
Fluorescence Negligible Negligible
Certificate AGS AGS
Price $10,558.00 $9,079.00

As some background, my girl is about 5'' 4" and petite. The ring would be platinum and have baguettes on the side and based upon the structure (the ring and hers) I was looking for a stone close to 1.5 carats. After looking at a few, I realized ideal cut was important for sparkle....it just made such a difference, wouldn''t you all agree?

But for me, I had a hard time seeing internal flaws so the V and VV clarity doesn''t seem as important, I could probably go to an S as long as it was eye-clean. I did notice color quickly but it was next to another stone.

So the question really becomes if the $1500 price difference is not the guiding factor, would you go for the smaller G or the larger H based upon what I just said was important? and why?"

Thanks

Scott

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
My opinion would be to go down in clarity quite a bit. You say yourself you can't see a difference between a VVS and a VS (and yes you can go down to an SI clarity with a reputable lab) .You can save some $$ or go bigger. For me, I would much rather go down in clarity (which you won't see with the naked eye) than sacrifice color (which may or may not be noticable depending on the sensitivity of the viewer).

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
the bigger H gets my vote..

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The bigger H gets my vote as welll
1.gif

scogar

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the quick reply. that''s why I apologized for jumping the gun. I wasn''t looking at necessarily jumping on one of these two stones, they were the only ones that popped up on whiteflash at 1.2 - 1.6 carats and D-H clarity at ideal cut. I guess I am wondering if on that quality of diamond whether one would choose size over color when it is .25 carats bigger approx BUT goes down from a G to an H.

i definitely want to do some more research but hope to finally take the plunge within this month. so thank you all for your thoughts.

Scott

scogar

Rough_Rock
On another note, you ladies should get paid......in diamonds for the amount of help you give poor saps like me. Thanks again and I hope you all get showered in diamonds. Since i have been learning here and following along on this site i just have to say that you all are the greatest.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results