shape
carat
color
clarity

1.25ct VS2 need Help!

Persian_535i

Rough_Rock
Thinking about purchasing a diamond soon wanted peoples opinions on this diamond, and possibly any type of price range I should expect to pay on it thanks!

Shape: Round

Weight: 1.25ct

Clarity: VS-2 Hard Graded

Color: H (1) Hard Graded

Measurements: 6.97-7.01 x 4.26mm

Table: 58.0%

Total Depth: 60.9%

Crown Angle: 34.0 Universal

Crown Height: 15.0%

Pavilion Angle: 40.6 Universal

Pavilion Depth: 43.0%

Polish: Very Good

Symmetry: Very Good

Girdle: Medium

Culet: None

Fluorescence: None

Authenticity: Natural

Treatment: None

Fully Bonded

slg47

Ideal_Rock
does it come with a grading report from a lab?

Persian_535i

Rough_Rock
yes I believe it comes with a GIA

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ok well I would want to make sure it is GIA or AGS before proceeding! is this second-hand?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Post all numbers from GIA report (or cut and paste proportions diagram) or GIA report number?

"Fully bonded".. oh dear. Warped? ;( 8)

slg47

Ideal_Rock
yssie what does fully bonded mean? i just googled it and it said something about a 'lifetime breakage policy'???

Persian_535i

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately I don't have access to the actual GIA all I have is these specs and was told that it has a GIA. I think the fully bonded is a warranty if the diamond breaks or chips and that it isn't a treated diamond whatever that means lol. Anyway I'm more concerned with the specs of the diamond and it's value so that I don't overpay by a exuberant amount. :)

slg47

Ideal_Rock
the value is largely dependent on whether or not it is GIA or not.

Persian_535i

Rough_Rock
I'm 100% certain it is a GIA.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
where is the diamond being offered for sale?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
slg47 said:
yssie what does fully bonded mean? i just googled it and it said something about a 'lifetime breakage policy'???

Haha this nutjob Fred Cuellar wrote this book - wish I knew, despite reading it a couple of years ago. In any case - he offers these things he calls fully bonded diamonds - paying for all sorts of guarantees that other vendors' policies + insurance will more than cover, without setting one's hairs on end.. He also takes issue with "warped diamonds" and GIA's "soft grading", among other things. Try a PS or google search if you're in the mood for a laugh ::)

Persian_535i

Rough_Rock
I'm slowly starting to feel like the discussion is starting to go off topic of the actual diamond and its specs lol, anyone with any actual input that can be helpful?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
sorry, but it really depends on where the diamond is for sale to determine appropriate price! on the secondhand market, price should be 30-50% of what it would be new. you can do a search on PS for diamonds of similar specs to get an idea of new pricing.

ETA specs as far as angles/what not look good. This diamond has some unusual terms (hard graded? fully bonded?) that are giving us pause.

ETA again based on those terms it seems like it is from diamond cutters international. I would do a search on them on this forum and read some reviews.

Persian_535i

Rough_Rock
Ok so there isn't a guideline on what diamonds cost then is generally the idea I'm getting since a price can't be given, it's a diamond my brother in law said he found I'm not sure whos selling it but it's not second hand.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry Persian.

I'm hesitant to say anything without knowing where those numbers and colour/clarity gradings came from - the GIA report is the authority. Numbers you've given us are fine, but that doesn't say much one way or another. If your BIL *did* get this from Fred Cuellar/DCI I strongly recommend you run.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Persian_535i|1305673140|2924308 said:
I'm 100% certain it is a GIA.
how much $$$s?

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
ask them what's the # on the GIA report so you can check it online, otherwise you can't be sure it's GIA

Persian_535i

Rough_Rock

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
give us your budget and what are you looking for and we can help you find one~

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results