shape
carat
color
clarity

1.25 carat lab grown diamond from Australian B&M store

quietlysw

Rough_Rock
20210821_070054.jpg 20210821_070147.jpg Screenshot_20210814-214132_Gumtree.jpg

A B&M store, Michael Hill, has started selling LGD rings. The diamonds are created by Fenix Laboratories! https://www.michaelhill.com.au/labo...mond-ring-in-14ct-white-gold-C1612192818.html

I picked this one up on Gumtree of all places and it is my first foray into lab grown diamonds. The colour and clarity are excellent to my eye and the cut is better than one of my uncerted, pre-PS mined diamonds (still not perfect - but sparkly!)

The band is inscribed with the report number from the diamond report but I don't have a loupe strong enough to see the girdle inscription! Under 10x magnification, the stone looks relatively clean.

My goodness - purchasing second hand is excellent. Very happy with the purchase and just wanted others who are interested in LGDs to do a quick check on used marketplace sites!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
So I decided to see how much a ring like this costs, but I couldn't find a J, SI2 lab stone.

I did find a few I, SI1's on James Allen so built a ring
I chose a 1.02 ct I, SI1 lab stone for $1,280 and added it to the same, 14KT white gold 4 prong setting ($240).
The price came out to $1,520 for the completed ring.

Hoping you paid similar to what I found and that the appraisal is just ridiculously inflated.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Plus any applicable import taxes and fees to Australia. :)

Ooh, good point.
I also posted in USD. The conversion to AUD would make make it 2,130.

But even with import taxes, I can't imagine it being close to 6,80

I'm sure it's a lovely ring, but for insurance purposes, they would be paying way more than they should.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, good point.
I also posted in USD. The conversion to AUD would make make it 2,130.

But even with import taxes, I can't imagine it being close to 6,800

I'm sure it's a lovely ring, but for insurance purposes, they would be paying way more than they should.

Absolutely agree...that price is US mall chain nightmare stuff!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everything here in Aus is expensive, and diamonds are definitely no exception. This appraisal is not outrageous, taking into consideration standard prices here. The joys of living on an island :D

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I don't know if @Garry H (Cut Nut) will be able to weigh in and provide his thoughts about the retail price as it was when new since he is Trade, but I'll tag him, anyway.

quietlysw

Rough_Rock
Absolutely - the appraisal/retail price is inflated! I paid quite a bit under $2000 for the ring which I'm happy with:) Things in Aus are expensive - and conversion rates, shipping and taxes make otherwise affordable overseas purchases less affordable! It's one of the few downsides to living here!

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
So I decided to see how much a ring like this costs, but I couldn't find a J, SI2 lab stone.

I did find a few I, SI1's on James Allen so built a ring
I chose a 1.02 ct I, SI1 lab stone for $1,280 and added it to the same, 14KT white gold 4 prong setting ($240).
The price came out to $1,520 for the completed ring.

Hoping you paid similar to what I found and that the appraisal is just ridiculously inflated.

I was hoping OP didn’t pay near appraisal value. That looked really high to me as well. I know that price is in AUD, or at least I assume it is. That would account for some of the sticker shock from USA folks.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty! Congrats!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely - the appraisal/retail price is inflated! I paid quite a bit under $2000 for the ring which I'm happy with:) Things in Aus are expensive - and conversion rates, shipping and taxes make otherwise affordable overseas purchases less affordable! It's one of the few downsides to living here!

You got a great deal and it looks nice and bright!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock

That's a good deal!
So glad it wasn't near the appraised value.

It's a lovely ring, enjoy it!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20210821_070054.jpg 20210821_070147.jpg Screenshot_20210814-214132_Gumtree.jpg

A B&M store, Michael Hill, has started selling LGD rings. The diamonds are created by Fenix Laboratories! https://www.michaelhill.com.au/labo...mond-ring-in-14ct-white-gold-C1612192818.html

I picked this one up on Gumtree of all places and it is my first foray into lab grown diamonds. The colour and clarity are excellent to my eye and the cut is better than one of my uncerted, pre-PS mined diamonds (still not perfect - but sparkly!)

The band is inscribed with the report number from the diamond report but I don't have a loupe strong enough to see the girdle inscription! Under 10x magnification, the stone looks relatively clean.

My goodness - purchasing second hand is excellent. Very happy with the purchase and just wanted others who are interested in LGDs to do a quick check on used marketplace sites!

Sounds like a fab deal, it looks AMAZING on you! :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results